hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

Well its my first post on this forum, but i am not exactly new to the vauxhall scene.
    For some strange reason i have always had a soft spot for vectra B's and bought my first one over 6-7 years ago when i was 17 years old.
    It was just a bog standard 1.8 Arctic II saloon.

I did a few bits and pieces to it, but as i turned 18 i decided to part ex it for a 2 year old vectra 2.2 CDX, with low miles.

This car is still my favourite. I owned it for about 5 years and done everything to it, including nearly every irmscher extra and a Z20LET conversion, was featured in total vauxhall early last year too. Ended up looking like this:

Whilst owning this Z20 converted vectra my old man got a new job with a company car and gave me his trust worthy 2.0 GLS he had owned since it was 6 months old. I used this as daily runner to try and keep my turbo'd vec mint.

I also bought my first GSI last year to, it was a very clean mk1 GSI saloon in silver, which had suffered a cambelt failure and smashed the engine to bits. I had a 3.0 V6 lump installed in this and sold it on.

A couple of Turbo and 3.0 GSi together

Then at end of last year i decided to buy my first house and couldnt justify owning and running both my turbo and 2.0 GLS, and i knew i wouldnt be content in just running the standard GLS, so i sold them both and got myself a mint 2001 2.6 GSI saloon in black to use as my everyday car.

A few months later i was posted to Cyprus so i sold the GSI
    I am now being posted back to the Uk and i am on the hunt for another 2.6 GSI saloon or estate. So if anyone has one or knows of any good ones for sale please let me know.

Matt Bankier

Some of the pics looks like Yeovilton, some great pics and welcome to the site fella
    sigpic

Comment

Cracking pictures there Matt, loving the GSi's.
      Welcome to the club, hope you find another GSi soon, keep us all updated
      sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Some of the pics looks like Yeovilton, some great pics and welcome to the site fella
        Never been to Yeovilton mate, i guess most bases look exact same

I am currently following a couple of leads, 1 being a 02 plate Krypton green saloon and other being a 51 plate silver saloon. Both completly standard and in excellent condition, so will see what goes

Comment

hello fella and welcome to the site,you are right you do have a soft spot for vec b's dont ya,lovin the pics fella

Comment

Welcome to the club m8

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

hello matt glad to see you on here

Comment

welcome to the club mate a love ma vectra b's too it aint easy trying to find a good one now.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDY-G View Post
                    welcome to the club mate a love ma vectra b's too it aint easy trying to find a good one now.
                    Yours is stunning mate, i was having a proper mooch around yours and an immaculate 2.6 GSI saloon at Billing earlier this year.
                    The silver GSI is one of the main reasons i want another one.

You were busy cling filming up your front end before your drive back the last time i walked past

Comment

hello and welcome, lovin the pics, the b looks great in black.
                      there was a great lookin standard 2.6 gsi on piston heads with 40 tho for 4 grand a little while a go, and good luck finding a minter as ther few and far between

Comment

hello mate welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Bankier View Post
                          Yours is stunning mate, i was having a proper mooch around yours and an immaculate 2.6 GSI saloon at Billing earlier this year.
                          The silver GSI is one of the main reasons i want another one.

You were busy cling filming up your front end before your drive back the last time i walked past
                          cheers pal aye stones like the front of a black car and ma bumper had just been painted before the show. the silver 2.6 could be yours low miles.
                          Last edited by ANDY-G; 18 December 2009, 12:43 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally posted by ANDY-G View Post
                            cheers pal aye stones like the front of a black car and ma bumper had just been painted before the show. the silver 2.6 could be yours low miles.
                            I am guessing your mates with the owner?

Is he considering selling it? It was probably the cleanest GSI i have ever seen, not normally impressed by silver GSI's but was something about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Bankier View Post
                              I am guessing your mates with the owner?

Is he considering selling it? It was probably the cleanest GSI i have ever seen, not normally impressed by silver GSI's but was something about that one.
                              Aye scott is a member on here he dosen't keep his cars long he always says everything is for sale lol. pm him if u r keen mate u should have a look in the vectra section(show us your vectra)some pics in there of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X