Back to a 6 car family, for a few weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to a 6 car family, for a few weeks

I was told about an ST on eBay last week that I might be interested in purchasing as it was only a few miles form me, a day later I won the auction and I collected it this morning. The ST in question is #58, a 2ltr version with a few ST200 bits and pieces on. The thing is when I saw the car I thought I recognised it and it turns out I was correct. It was owned by a mate of mine back in 1999 to 2006 and back then it was a minter, shame it’s not now. The Speedline Mistrals that are on the ST were originally on my ST200 before the previous owner of my car sold them on to his mate who owned ST #58 at the time, small world.

I’ll cut to the case as the reason I purchased the ST is to break it. It’ll be a shame as a few hundred will see it back on the road but I’m not interested in doing that. It is a tidy car but rough around the edges when you see it in the flesh.

Speedline Mistrals and OE front bumper

Steinmetz side skirts

Genuine Irmscher rear skirt and late spec GSi rear box

Sweet running 2ltr and quite tidy engine bay

Clean as a whistle inside

Can’t believe the amount of history its got

Find out more about the Derbyshire region by clicking here. My fleet diaries; Astra E, Astra F, Vectra B & Vectra C

Harvey in white ROAD WORTHY Vectra on the drive SHOCKER!
    My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
    Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

I knew it would happen one day Keif
      Find out more about the Derbyshire region by clicking here. My fleet diaries; Astra E, Astra F, Vectra B & Vectra C

Comment

The first Veccy in working order and road legal that you've had in ages and you're breaking it for parts

First dibs on the white door handles!!!!

Comment

so correct me if I'm wrong. It's in relatively ok condition, got all that history and could be fixed for a few hundred, and your gonna break it???
          Couldn't you find a buyer for it that would give it some tlc instead of rippin it apart?? Hate to see a vectra dyin!!!! LOL

Back to a 6 car family????? Oh the hardship
          Last edited by Lynn; 24 May 2009, 03:07 PM. Reason: Pmt!!!!

Comment

i reckon it's worth more in bits than it is when all together so go on break up another poverty spec model

Comment

Originally posted by timmee custard View Post
              i reckon it's worth more in bits than it is when all together so go on break up another poverty spec model
              Bit like your Sri then!!!!! x x

Comment

how much for rims?

Comment

Originally posted by Deeky View Post
                  how much for rims?

try getting blood out of a stone

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                    Bit like your Sri then!!!!! x x

what sri

Comment

what sri
                      That silver GSi lookalike in your garage

Comment

i reckon it's worth more in bits than it is when all together
                        Especially with those rims on it.
                        My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
                        Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

Your neighbours must love you Harvey! Having visited you, where do you keep 6 cars?

As for Timmees Sri, I suppose all GSis can be classed that way too as they all started out that way.
                          I'm sure the V5 for no19 said it was a "SUPERTOURING 200 24V", likewise the GSIs are renamed accordingly
                          sigpic

Comment

On that basis, I should take mine back to Vauxhall and ask them to fit the titanium dash, door badges, boot spoiler and decent steering wheel they seem to have forgotten to put on this SRi 140 when they delivered it to SVO

Comment

You've got the police (aka poverty spec) Sri though.

The omega elite unmarked cars that they had up here never had leather in them although it was standard.....still had the lovely walnut dash though!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X