Top Gear crew in Orkney today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear crew in Orkney today!!!

On a island community like this it doesnt take long for news to spread. The top gear crew apparently were in orkney today filming, dont have much details but they came over on the ferry this morning! Possibly a race of some sort?

They're up to see how the 400 replica is coming on
    sigpic

Comment

Did you not see them???

Comment

Aye that wid be right Scott, they were so bitterly dissapointed they got straight back on the boat!

I didnt see them no, they were apparently up in the west mainland at the furthest north post office, it was hammond and may in a new porsche racing a royal mail letter the length of the country is the word on the street!

unfortunately where i was working yesterday could hardly of been further away from the route they would of taken, i was right out in the east mainland! Although they would of most likely driven past my house

Comment

Have to keep the peepers peeled for that one then mate

Comment

Sounds good, looking forward to the new seris

Comment

Originally posted by Bendy View Post
              Aye that wid be right Scott, they were so bitterly dissapointed they got straight back on the boat!

I didnt see them no, they were apparently up in the west mainland at the furthest north post office, it was hammond and may in a new porsche racing a royal mail letter the length of the country is the word on the street!

unfortunately where i was working yesterday could hardly of been further away from the route they would of taken, i was right out in the east mainland! Although they would of most likely driven past my house
              Porsche in Royal Mail red with the crest on the side.......and Andy at the wheel No wonder the price of stamps keeps going up with Royal Mail vehicles like that

Comment

Pmsl :d:d

Comment

From the Royal Mail staff newspaper *The Courier* June 2009 issue

Quote.....

TOP GEAR TAKES ON ROYAL MAIL
                  We challenge May and Hammond in end-to-end race

A Porsche went up against the post when Top Gear's Richard Hammond and James May raced a 1st Class letter from one end of Britain to the other, Royal Mail challenged the BBC2 presenters to see if they could make the 900-mile journey betwen the Isles of Scilly and Orkney faster than we could deliver a letter.

But you will have to watch the TV show when it is shown later this sumer to find out who made it first past the finishing post.

The presenters posted a 1st Class on Scilly before taking the overnight car ferry to Penzance in Cornwall. They drove through the night to northern Scotland, boarding a ferry in Gills Bay, Caithness, to sail across top Orkney.

Captured on camera
                  Meanwhile a camera crew filmed the letter travelling through our usual delvivery route.

It was flown by helicopter from Scilly to Penzance, before being transported by road and air to Orkney. Postman Duncan Tulloch delivered the leter to it's final destination- a bungolow on the island's north-west coast, which had been picked by a BBC location scout.

The race, which took place last month, was organised by Royal Mail's public relations team. "The aim was to show the work our people do to get mail from A to B - and all for just 39p, the cost of a 1st Class stamp", a spokeman said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thats what is was out, straight from the folks in *the know*

Comment

So who wins then, Hammond & May or Postman Pat

Well if previous 'races' are anything to go by then it's looking good for Pat

Comment

From whats being said up here it was a set up, theres no way the letter could of been delivered under the normal route that postman takes before clarkson got there. Bit of good PR for royal mail i would say!

Comment

Working...
                      X