Lowered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered

Well i lowered the veccy today on 40mm jamex springs but it looks more like 60mm, I dont care tho cos i love the way it sits now.

What do you think?

Before

After

Last edited by Bernie; 17 May 2009, 09:34 AM.

Looks pretty much perfect to me!

Hows the camber and tracking now? Looks like a hefty drop

Comment

Bernie that's looking good, hows the engine have you managed to put some miles on it yet?

Comment

Your ***** liners wont last too long ,well mine didn`t

Comment

Looks good

Now you need to spend some more on camber shims for the back axle to get the handling back

Comment

cheers fellas

Originally posted by Bendy View Post
            Looks pretty much perfect to me!

Hows the camber and tracking now? Looks like a hefty drop
            I dont know mate i havent had it checked yet to be honest

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Bernie that's looking good, hows the engine have you managed to put some miles on it yet?
            Well after nearly 3 weeks of him repairing the head gasket i picked it up on thursday, drove 50 miles home and it didnt miss a beat, pulled up out my house for it to start sounding like a diesel. I found out he had only put engine flush in before i left. so i did an oil change that same evening. still the same and then the same in the morning. i left it standing all day at work and when i started it up it was a little quicker, left it over night and it then sounded sweet as a nut. I've just got to fit a new n/s inner cv boot before i can rack the mileage up now tho

Originally posted by Woodygsi View Post
            Your ***** liners wont last too long ,well mine didn`t
            Yeah i know mate, did the same on my old 2.6 when o lowered it on coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Looks good

Now you need to spend some more on camber shims for the back axle to get the handling back
              Cheers Steve, yeah i'll get them soon.
              I thought you could change the camber on the front as standard on the gsi as i thought the top bolt hole was elongated but it wasnt on mine

Comment

looking good mate was thinking of lowering mine but not as much love it low but the front bumpers to low as it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Deeky View Post
                  looking good mate was thinking of lowering mine but not as much love it low but the front bumpers to low as it is!
                  I wasnt planning on going that low either mate which is why i bought 40mm lowering springs. Everyone i have spoken to has said that the jamex 40mm seems to drop the veccy by 60mm

Comment

Sheesh! watch out for those speed bumps now!

Comment

does look mint mate hows the ride it ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Deeky View Post
                        does look mint mate hows the ride it ok?
                        it rides lovely to be honest and considering its probably still the original shocks on there, i'll probably buy some new shocks at some point tho

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                          Sheesh! watch out for those speed bumps now!
                          its funny you should say that cos i was at a fix it day with vvoc today, we were at a garage in thornbury that was full of speed bump around it and had to snake over them all

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie197401 View Post
                            Cheers Steve, yeah i'll get them soon.
                            I thought you could change the camber on the front as standard on the gsi as i thought the top bolt hole was elongated but it wasnt on mine
                            The front will probably be OK with that drop, even if its out of manufacturer tolerances. The back end is the problem with Vectra's, mine's radically lowered, and the lean in was about 15mm at the top, so the wheels looked like a touring car. All good, but getting the lift off oversteer back to correct the inherent understeer needed the shims put in and set to the maximum positive camber.

Drives well now, chuck it in, feel the front end go wide and then lift and turn in to send the line back in again. Just got to get the feel for the rubber band tyres, it's very snappy in the wet. LMF were the cheapest for the shims, takes about an hour to fit them

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              The front will probably be OK with that drop, even if its out of manufacturer tolerances. The back end is the problem with Vectra's, mine's radically lowered, and the lean in was about 15mm at the top, so the wheels looked like a touring car. All good, but getting the lift off oversteer back to correct the inherent understeer needed the shims put in and set to the maximum positive camber.

Drives well now, chuck it in, feel the front end go wide and then lift and turn in to send the line back in again. Just got to get the feel for the rubber band tyres, it's very snappy in the wet. LMF were the cheapest for the shims, takes about an hour to fit them
                              I have to say it dont look that bad to be honest, it looked worse on my old 2.6 when i fitted coilovers and its wasnt as low at this one on the rear

Comment

Working...
                              X