The 888 is gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 888 is gone.

After getting the 888 back on the road this month and it just turning 50,000 miles someone came and offered me a decent sum for it today so i now have a cheque in my hand for it. As soon as it clears it will be away next week and ill technically not even have a vauxhall anymore

So what do i do now

Plough some cash and lots of effort into the manta 400, get my hatchaback manta sorted out and the bodywork sorted, buy another bike, get a cheaper vauxhall of some kind just so im not vauxhall-less

Maybe have a look into that 2.2 vectra i looked at for a workmate

All suggestions on a postcard

How much did you let her go for mate?

*Smudge squirms after just getting an astra T*

Comment

Where is it going to Bendy? (& are you happy or sad that it is going?)

Comment

some great deals around if you can find them. As for above they all sound good really. Yuo atill have the Manta weather it has a VX or Opel badge.

Comment

Congratulations.... I think, I hope you got a decent amount for it.

Comment

I got £5600 for it, it needs flexi pipes on the brakes all round and possibly a brake pipe up front!!! The underside really hasnt faired that well, so its going as it is. Also still needs both bumpers painted still to get it up to scratch. Im not that sad really, be good to pocket the cash to be honest and i never warmed to it like i loved my calibra.

Dont know what to do now, im quite happy hacking about in my old manta but it really is rough!! Ive got the bike bug pretty bad but i should probably stick with the cbr600 for a year!!

Its staying in orkney its a local lad thats buying it, who has crashed quite a few cars before so i hope it survives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendy View Post
              I got £5600 for it, it needs flexi pipes on the brakes all round and possibly a brake pipe up front!!! The underside really hasnt faired that well, so its going as it is. Also still needs both bumpers painted still to get it up to scratch.
              I feel better knowing it was out of my price range and needed bits doing. Must be hard keeping a car uptogether in that Salty air

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                I feel better knowing it was out of my price range and needed bits doing. Must be hard keeping a car uptogether in that Salty air
                I was thinking of sorting it all out but my hearts just not in it, It would of taken £380 to get the bumpers and bonnet painted, and a very awkward job to get the brake pipe sorted. Im not joking when i say the fuel lines, brake pipes and stuff on it are worse than the manta underneath and its 23 years old! The underside of my calibra looked nearly new compared to the astra. What on earth do they make it out of these days

I think the money i got is fine for just getting it in my hand and signing over the logbook without having to do anything.

But where do i go now, im not ven sure how much interest ive got in vauxhalls anymore. Ive not felt inspired for a long time. Wish i still had my calibra

Comment

Originally posted by Bendy View Post
                  where do i go now, im not ven sure how much interest ive got in vauxhalls anymore. Ive not felt inspired for a long time. Wish i still had my calibra

You've got enough money there to get a Calibra & spend some on the Manta.... just a thought

Comment

Plough it into the 400 project, you know it makes sense

Comment

There's plenty of V6 Calibra's about for not much cash.

I still would like another V6 one but will have to make do with the DTM 16v

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Millar View Post
                        will have to make do with the DTM 16v
                        At least as long as it takes to put it back together

Comment

ye wantin a we 2.2 vectra ma son
                          ye can get mine
                          do ye a deal wi the 888 lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Get that 400 sorted up Bendy before you loose heart with it too

Comment

Working...
                            X