This months TV and my feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This months TV and my feature

Well I’ve kept quite since Easter as I promised I would but as some of you might already know, due to the early delivery of June’s TV, my GTE has a feature but not as you know it.

I was approached by Dougie from TV late last year to feature my car with the difference being it would be at a track with John Cleland. As you can imagine I was pleased to accept the offer but my thoughts while building the car were never towards TV and a feature, the car was built because I wanted to build it.

It took a bit of arranging but in the end we all agreed on Knockhill and to meet with John there. After a 6.5 hour drive on Easter Saturday we arrived at the Dunfermline Travel Lodge.

Loaded and ready to leave a rather damp Nottingham.

After what seemed an age we reached a milestone, the Scottish boarder.

The Forth bridge was a pleasant sight after some 6 hours behind the wheel of the trusty Frontera.

Is it still following?

Another pleasant sight after so long behind the wheel.

The great place itself.

I was able to lock the GTE in one of the scrutineering bays over night.

May the photos commence.

Chit chat before we stuck our arses in the air in a rather strange ritual.

The great man himself, may I present Mr. John Cleland.

A few fancy shots taken by my mate.

Cleland was ‘ere. Tried lacquering it but its bled so I’m getting a sticker made up instead.

Track time pics.

John giving it large in my GTE, I just sat there in the passenger seat smiling from ear to ear.

All in all a fantastic weekend and a huge thanks goes out to Dougie for arranging everything. Even the weather was nice, which I’m told is a strange occurrence for Knockhill.

Now you have read this get out there and buy the June edition of Total Vauxhall as my feature starts on page 8.

I’m not usually one of those people who blow their own trumpet but for those of you who would like to read my full build diary click here. You will first have to register on the forum but it’s worth it and might take you a few hours/days to get through it all.
    Last edited by Harvey; 5 May 2009, 06:03 PM.
    Find out more about the Derbyshire region by clicking here. My fleet diaries; Astra E, Astra F, Vectra B & Vectra C

very nice harvey can't believe you never told me well worthy of a feature as there is a lot off hard work gone into making that gte off yours and it's a credit to ya well done mate

Comment

Nice effort, look forward to seeing it in the flesh
      CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

Well done that man, nice feature, was a good read in T.V
        sigpic

Comment

John Cleland what a legend

Comment

Cracking feature mate! It must be satisfying enough to produce such a corking project but to result in your meeting the great man himself must be the icing on the cake!

Comment

Congratulations mate.
              What an honour, being driven around Knockhill by the master..... how jealous am I.

Comment

Well done Harvey, great read & an excellent feature.
                Nice to see mr Cleland in an Astra GTE again
                sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments peeps, I'm extremely chuffed with the feature as you can well imagine.
                  Find out more about the Derbyshire region by clicking here. My fleet diaries; Astra E, Astra F, Vectra B & Vectra C

Comment

There were plenty of people up here wondering why you kept it quiet that you'd fetched the GTE all the way up to Knockhill without saying anything. Looks like it was worth the mileage on the Frontera!

That's got to be a bit of kudos for the Astra having John Clelands signature under the bonnet too

Comment

well done that man! very jealous, I would love to have the great man drive the cav

Comment

Aye....imagine coming all the way up to Scotland and not coming to meet the troops!

Good feature Harvey, once in a lifetime opportunity to have a BTCC champ driving your toy!
                        sigpic

Comment

aye well done ,imagine no telling anyone
                          i stay 6 miles fi knockhill

see turbo dave wi his works van there
                          sigpic

Comment

Aye excellent feature, one for the grand kids that
                            (Notice this post is dated 5th May, you's mods been
                            havin a high old time on here while the rest of us
                            had to wait)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              There were plenty of people up here wondering why you kept it quiet that you'd fetched the GTE all the way up to Knockhill without saying anything. Looks like it was worth the mileage on the Frontera!

That's got to be a bit of kudos for the Astra having John Clelands signature under the bonnet too
                              Simply because Total Vauxhall stressed they wanted it keeping quiet.

I had the privilage of going up to Knockhill with Harvey, and believe me, i want to tell everyone, but respected TV's wish.

Here's a few on my pics.
                              Harvey washing his track car.

Just shows how standard it looks from the front.

Mr Cleland was genuinely impressed with Harveys GTE (16v) and rightfully so.

Arty shot.

Ian Forrest turned up, another nice bloke.

Big window, little window.

SMILE!

Autograph session.

Which i got.

Plus a couple of photos

Driven that, now the quick one.

Some track pics.

John Cleland driving Harveys Astra GTE 16v
                              My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
                              Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

Working...
                              X