X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hero

Vandals use grinder to cut down Cumbrian speed camera

Last updated at 11:43, Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Vandals sliced the post of a safety camera in Cumbria, causing £30,000 of damage.
    Police said they may have used a grinder to sever the post on the A65 at Devil’s Bridge, Kirkby Londsale, on Saturday night.
    Kevin Tea, manager of the safety camera scheme, said they would check the camera to see who had been clocked driving at excessive speed recently.
    “Removing the camera does not remove the offence so the constabulary will be seeing who has been through at excessive speed and checking out those drivers who have been caught,” he said.
    “This anti-social act is putting people’s lives at risk. Since the safety cameras started operating in 2003 there has been a steady reduction in the number of people being killed or seriously injured on the county's roads.”
    PC Peter Dodd, who is investigating the case, appealed for anyone with information to call 0845 33 00 247 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

More power the the grinder

Give that man a cigar

Comment

lol would have been better to have seen it...........TIIImmmbbbeerrrrrrr
      keep an eye on youtube!

Comment

Thumbs up!

Comment

superb love these people who just dont give a **** was like ma dads mate got clamped so he took the still saw out the van cut it off then phoned them told them if they want clamp then go and collect it Legend!

Comment

well done that man, can he come down south sometime soon, please!!!!!!

Comment

Well done that man --- wonder if it Captain Gatso who did it

Comment

Whats the point quizzing all the people who its caught? If they are all still busted as they say isnt that a waste of time and money, could of been anybody!

Comment

Somebody did this a few years back near where I used to live in Wales. It was slap bang in the middle of a residential area, in the early morning and they used a Stihl saw to cut the camera off its post and stole the camera.

The best bit was that after quizzing everyone in the area, NO ONE HAD HEARD A THING

Well done these sort of guys, puts a smile on your face

Comment

Nice one, more effective than the burning tyre pmsl
                    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Originally posted by sean_dhc1 View Post
                      Nice one, more effective than the burning tyre pmsl
                      that was done to one down the road from me.cost £30k to put another one up.....then they did it again 2 weeks later.

of course i didnt smile at all........

Comment

Working...
                      X