X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendy
    replied
    Originally posted by Smudge View Post
    You're not wrong there Fella! Being a Civil engineer I see all these wasted exercises and more! I've always said they should employ people with several years practical experience so that the pencil pushing can be reduced to make way for common sense
    Ill second that, should have to do 10 years on site/on the job before your allowed to be any sort of clark of works/consultant

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Kev View Post
    Thats just bloody typical Andy.....lets waste the money we have and do jobs twice! I really dont know how the so called "suits" justify there bloody jobs!
    You're not wrong there Fella! Being a Civil engineer I see all these wasted exercises and more! I've always said they should employ people with several years practical experience so that the pencil pushing can be reduced to make way for common sense

Leave a comment:

• Kev
    replied
    Thats just bloody typical Andy.....lets waste the money we have and do jobs twice! I really dont know how the so called "suits" justify there bloody jobs!

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Saw the local Highways Authority setting up cones etc on Church St in our village todday as i went to get the car washed, *Great* I think their going to fill in the potholes of which there are about 2 dozen on Church St

Drives past 30 minutes later and their REPAINTING THE WHITE LINES!!!! There is hardly any road surface left to paint on!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kev
    replied
    good link Louise! sent an email to my council to see how quickly they were gona deal with said problems, will see how long i have to wait for a reply!

Leave a comment:

• opel_bitch
    replied
    Finally got out in the car today. 1st time since 24th Dec, like putin
    on old slippers. Can hardly look ahead though, lookin for potholes
    there everywhere Will be keeping this site on my favourites list...
    www.potholes.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• opel_bitch
    replied
    Our roads were bad before. but now there diabolical.
    Will be gettin the Tigra back on the road at the weekend and
    am dreadin it with low profiles

Leave a comment:

• Bendy
    replied
    Ive not been very far lately with being ill but the past 3 days its been thawing, local newspaper had an article which said it was 24 days running the temperature didnt get above zero here

Ive never burnt so much wood in the stove in my life as the past month or so, the pipe tha supplies one of my sheds water and the hose are both burst. Roads dont seem too badly damged here (yet)

Leave a comment:

• Brother Leo
    replied
    19" wheels versus potholes.

POTHOLES TO BE AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE WHEN YOU RUN 19's

people who follow me along the road must think i'm p*ssed with all the swerving i'm doing, it will take forever to get the roads sorted.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Got a few holes appearing even after our little bit of a cold snap........weather warning of heavy snow and ice overnight should bring about a bit of fun tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• sean_dhc1
    replied
    Most of the roads are clear here now, just sludge on the sideroads. Temp is around 2.5c now the last few days.
    Know what you mean about the potholes folks hit a fair few in the Vectra which have been inposible to avoid

Leave a comment:

• Kev
    replied
    bloody hell, still chilly up ur way then lol.
    no sign of thawing out Louise?

Leave a comment:

• opel_bitch
    replied
    I know its meant to be a bit "warmer" but this was this mornin
    on ma way to work

Leave a comment:

• Deeky
    replied
    its going to cost millions to sort the pot holes like they care tho am just glad its going as are my chillblains worst thing ever!

Leave a comment:

• Jamie_Watret
    replied
    Originally posted by Kev View Post
    Well the frost is retreating here now and the amount of potholes its blown is unbelivable tbh............wonder how long it will take our local councils will take to get there ar$e in gear and get sumthing done bout it!
    Knowing the council they wont get there ar$e in gear and they will just be left

Leave a comment:

Working...
X