Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

setting my clock without original head unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting my clock without original head unit?

hey, i was wonderng if anyone knows how to set the clock on the dash? i have removed my original head unit and fitted my own so now dont know how to set ma clock??
    any suggestions?

wotcha driving?

Comment

car

driving an astra vxr

Comment

Have searched a few Forums Dawn and most are saying it needs to be hooked up to TECH2 or Opcom

Comment

it needs to be put on tech 2 or the original radio put back in

Comment

ok, thanks for your help!

Comment

I found these instructions for a Vec 'C' whilst surfing about.....

you need to press and hold the lower left hand button on the steering wheel until 'system' is displayed on the screen, then with the right hand rotary wheel, you then scroll 'up' i.e turning the wheel towards the windsreen until you see 'clock sync' on display, then scroll once more until you see the time displayed on the screen, then you simply adjust the hours and mins with the up and down buttons until you have the correct time, once you have set the correct time, you then scroll 'down' with the rotary wheel to 'clock sync on' and hey presto you have the correct time without refitting your orignal factory fitted unit ! i have a double din pioneer unit fitted with, steering wheel controls and it works a treat p.s my sri is a 57 plate, full canbus, dont know if this would work on a half canbus system

Comment

Steve could prob do that for ya

Comment

If the trick from the Vectra C doesn't work, then try it with Opcom first (me and Scott have Opcom if you need help), as Vauxhall charge £65 to plug your car into a Tech 2

Comment

A would try this first dawn a told ye someone on here would know.

Comment

thanks, i'll give the buttons a go see if it works for me!
                      if not i'll be back in touch as £65 is a bit sttep for the time lol.

Comment

hey, just to let yous know, the buttons dont work with stteing my clock nothing comes up at all. thanks anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
                          hey, just to let yous know, the buttons dont work with stteing my clock nothing comes up at all. thanks anyways

It was worth a try I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                          X