• snow

thats about 4 weeks of snow / ice and non gritted roads
    getting well pi55ed aff noo
    when is it gonae stop

never got to edinburgh on sat nite
    peeps were sitting in cars for 4 hoors stuck
    becuase we had a heavy fall on sat ,wheres the cooncil

sigpic

Stevie, Dunblane's the very same, can hardly turn a wheel here.
    Even the main road's packed ice n snaw.
    In the last 3 wks the only gritters i've seen are on the TV
    Havin to use the veccy cos ma cars snowed in and I widny get up
    oor hill wi ma tyres

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

Comment

exactly where is the council the ******** this is what a pay my council tax for apparently they have run out of grit!!!!!!! well a will be telling them av run out of money when it comes to pay the *******!

Comment

stop moaning you lot a work for the council in clacmannanshire and been told other councils have ran out of salt

Comment

There's no excuse for running out of salt, it's just bad planning by overpaid council geeks who sit in a office all day working out their company pension pot instead off having a bit of foresight when attending their numerous meetings and course's to advance the team leadership skills of all managers that when it snaw's ya gonna need grit to keep the roads open.
          It would appear that snow clearing operations are run on hindsight not foresight, that's how we end up with some manager saying " well we had enough salt last year".

Comment

Originally posted by mac1976 View Post
            stop moaning you lot a work for the council in clacmannanshire and been told other councils have ran out of salt
            Aye but Clackmannanshire's been gritted!!

Comment

It would appear that snow clearing operations are run on hindsight not foresight, that's how we end up with some manager saying " well we had enough salt last year".
              This weather's been forecast for months before it arrived. Are the coonsil's the only wans whi didny ken it wis commin

Comment

Continental tyres + snow = stuck
                They just don't seem to cope well at all with slidy stuff.....whats on the Tigra Louise??

We never seee gritters up my way, thats when the climate killing 4x4 pays dividends......global warming...my ****!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Continental tyres + snow = stuck
                  They just don't seem to cope well at all with slidy stuff.....whats on the Tigra Louise??

We never seee gritters up my way, thats when the climate killing 4x4 pays dividends......global warming...my ****!!
                  i want the misses to get rid of the corsa for a Mitsubishi shogun or a good reliable 4x4 but she aint having it!

Comment

Originally posted by Deeky View Post
                    i want the misses to get rid of the corsa for a Mitsubishi shogun or a good reliable 4x4 but she aint having it!

I had a 3.2 DiD SWB Shogun, was ok but not a patch on a Landie when it comes to the nitty gritty. Over complicated super-select 4wd system is a pain in the backside and has a habit of "freezing" when coming out of 4wd....Mitsubishi dealers answer was to switch it off for half an hour!

Get a Frontera....a lot better than people think
                    sigpic

Comment

I had a 3.2 DiD SWB Shogun, was ok but not a patch on a Landie when it comes to the nitty gritty. Over complicated super-select 4wd system is a pain in the backside and has a habit of "freezing" when coming out of 4wd....Mitsubishi dealers answer was to switch it off for half an hour!

Get a Frontera....a lot better than people think
                      dont know much bout 4x4s nearly bought a frontera off ebay but went a bit too high you reckon there no bad scott?

Comment

My mate who has his own tarmac business used to swear by them (and very occasionally at them) He had 4 LWB models, the last a 51 DTi and my God could it take the abuse. It would tow rollers and pavers quite regularly well above its rated limits and never skip a beat. Comfy and reliable and not too sore on fuel, he reckons he would still be buying them if they were in production. He sold it in 04 with 190k on the clock, still original clutch and diffs and bought a L200 warrior.....which he hated. He's now on the 3.0D4D Hilux. .
                        They are cheap as chips with some low mileage ones coming in at 800quid, facelifts have a better interior and much better rustproofing than the original models
                        sigpic

Comment

My mate who has his own tarmac business used to swear by them (and very occasionally at them) He had 4 LWB models, the last a 51 DTi and my God could it take the abuse. It would tow rollers and pavers quite regularly well above its rated limits and never skip a beat. Comfy and reliable and not too sore on fuel, he reckons he would still be buying them if they were in production. He sold it in 04 with 190k on the clock, still original clutch and diffs and bought a L200 warrior.....which he hated. He's now on the 3.0D4D Hilux. .
                          They are cheap as chips with some low mileage ones coming in at 800quid, facelifts have a better interior and much better rustproofing than the original models
                          perfect thats what am looking for something bullet proof was considering selling vec and getting a warrior but have been told there *****. my mate had a hilux surf what a beast great fun flying over speed bumps at about 60mph

Comment

My Bro in law has a warrior with all the toys, rollbars,bullbars,MT spec tyres, roller bed tray and more lights than a fleet of Yuill and Dodds Scanias.....and I hate the d4mn thing. The old defender at the farm is far superior. The l200 has the factory power upgrade that takes the archaic 2.5td to 136bhp.....Feels more like 13.6bhp. Terrible driving position too (IMO). If your used to cars, then a frontera or a diesel freelander is a logical step up.

Its a different way of driving when it comes to 4x4s, never expect it to ride or handle like a car. Definately try before you buy.

My Mrs loves 4x4s, we changed the Shogun for the Vec C 3.0 V6cdti....which was a great car but after 10mths she wanted another 4wd, so its been another 2 discoveries after that (I like the landrovers, they do what they say on the tin).

If its your girlfriend that will be using it most (as my wife does with mine) then I'd try as many different models as possible to see if she likes them.
                            sigpic

Comment

My Bro in law has a warrior with all the toys, rollbars,bullbars,MT spec tyres, roller bed tray and more lights than a fleet of Yuill and Dodds Scanias.....and I hate the d4mn thing. The old defender at the farm is far superior. The l200 has the factory power upgrade that takes the archaic 2.5td to 136bhp.....Feels more like 13.6bhp. Terrible driving position too (IMO). If your used to cars, then a frontera or a diesel freelander is a logical step up.

Its a different way of driving when it comes to 4x4s, never expect it to ride or handle like a car. Definately try before you buy.

My Mrs loves 4x4s, we changed the Shogun for the Vec C 3.0 V6cdti....which was a great car but after 10mths she wanted another 4wd, so its been another 2 discoveries after that (I like the landrovers, they do what they say on the tin).

If its your girlfriend that will be using it most (as my wife does with mine) then I'd try as many different models as possible to see if she likes them.

lol yeah thats the plan let the misses use it all the time so the vec can stay lol i shall have to get this type R nonses drumed out her tho.

would have been perfect to have one right now staying on a hill watching cars roll down and struggle to get in the drive is poop!

Comment

Working...
                              X