Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vauxhall badges do not like snow and ice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall badges do not like snow and ice.

What the f*ck is wrong with the type of glue used to fasten badges on Vauxhalls ?.

During the recent snowy freezing weather i did not use the Vectra that much due to fact that the local council decided not to grit the side roads and the result was compacted snow that froze and turned the roads on our estate to sheet ice ------- not good.

The Vectra lives on the drive so it was well and truly frozen up for a few days so i had no need to use it as we were well stocked up with everything.

The snow finally started melting and this is when i noticed a problem with the tailgate badges ---- those that are attached to the chrome strip ------ firstly the 2.2 Direct badge had slipped down at a angle and when i put mt fingers on it the flippin thing just came away in my hand. The glue had just dried up, there was no stickyness at all on the reverse face of the badge, so i thought, well thats a new bad then my son, so of to the dealers i went and ordered one.
    So now i'm driving around with just the Vectra badge still attached to the nearside section of the tailgate chrome strip, or am i ?. -------------- the bloody "e" and the "a" have now slid down the chrome strip and as before as soon as i touched the remaining letters they just fell away. Gathering all the offending letters i took them indoors and there was absolutley no stickiness on the rear of the letters.
    The question is did the snow and frost cause this or was it just one of those unexplained incidents or is this common on Vauxhall badges.
    Don't know whether just to leave the badges off the rear and say sod it.
    Last edited by Brother Leo; 30 December 2009, 04:34 PM.

de-badge it lol

Comment

i'd try to get some new ones from Vauxhalls themselfs under warranty as they shouldnt just come off like that Leo, granted it has been very cold this year.
      My old Vectra B lives outside & its 11 years old & all original badges still in place.

Be warned your Talking at least £10 per badge if you have to pay which is expensive for what they are
      sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

gd wae 2get them of if u want them of but if u dnt its a bloody pain in the ******

de badged mite look ok

Comment

It's the glue they use on car badges, it's made to adhere to painted metal, so when they put in on another surface, it falls off more easily. Toyota and Citroen have had a lot of problems with the C1/Aygo, as they have the model badges on the glass bootlid.

Stick the new one on with a thin bead of superglue in the centre of the adhesive pads and it will never fall off again

Comment

I know Leo, get rid of the 2.2, stick a VXR badge and some trapezoidal tailpipes on the exhausts and confuse the **** out the VXR clan with a prefacelift version......then you may be able to bluff yer way to some of the events that we are not really welcomed to.

Does that seem a tad bitter?
            sigpic

Comment

^^^

Must say i've never heard of them coming off in the cold.
              Mine get a bit "wobbly" in the heat (still talkin badges BTW)

Comment

Its that northern snow

Acid based
                Aka Forever Smitten, MSD0025
                Vectra Supertouring 200 #25
                Astra Nurburgring #69

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  I know Leo, get rid of the 2.2, stick a VXR badge and some trapezoidal tailpipes on the exhausts and confuse the **** out the VXR clan with a prefacelift version......then you may be able to bluff yer way to some of the events that we are not really welcomed to.

Does that seem a tad bitter?

That's a good idea Scott, but i'm not in favour of blagging my way into shows and becoming an unwanted guest of the illustrious VXr brigade who may start a whispering campaign against me.

Like everyone else i am waiting for the publication of non VXr events that i can attend with other non VXr owners and then we could form a breakaway movement of non VXr owners who could be known as the non VXr owners subsidary of the V.D.C.
                  The shows in the summer would take on a new meaning and could even lead to a boost in membership ---- but a new windscreen sticker would have to be designed anouncing that you are a non VXr owner and proud of it.

Comment

non VXr owner and proud of it
                    Put ma name doon fur wan

Comment

Wot ya fink

All badges have been removed from chrome strip on tailgate and must admit it looks ok to me, kinda different, do you think i should now remove the SRi badges from the front wings as well, which would leave it de-badged except for the round Vauxhall badge on the tailgate.

I have purchased new replacement VECTRA .......... 2.2 Direct -- badges

which i can use if i change my mind ----- will it look ok with no badges fitted

opinions please.

thanks.

Comment

I would leave it de-badged, makes cleaning much easier

Comment

I tend to agree, i hate chrome badges horrible to clean round theres always gunk in aboot them! I would go for the stealth look Leo, keeps people in the know geussing

Remember the cavalier MK3 SRI models silver sticker lettering on bootlid spoilers and on the doors? that was the absolute plums

Comment

leave it debadged leo so much better looking

Comment

Debadged it is then, only thing i need now is some dark tints to turn it into a Mafia staff car

Comment

Working...
                              X