loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loss of power

Hi for chrimbo i av had a sport middle section pipe and a peco 5x3 back box!I av been told if i put them on i will lose power is this true

Ive heard of loss of 'back pressure' when fitting larger exhausts to turbo'd cars but it should only improve on N/A running.

Comment

lack off back pressure is all good for a turbo car not so good on a n/a jsut should see a little increase in power but it won't be a huge amount

Comment

TBH even if you do ya wont notice,

Comment

thanks 4 the replies....mines an 1.8 sri so do you think i will lose ne pressure?

Comment

most recognised makes will be dyno "tuned", in ye olde days, fitting a 4branch manifold was one of the must have tweaks. Different styles eg 4-1 or 4-2-1 gave the engine different characteristics (where it produced its power, low down or high end)

In a normally aspirated engine, back pressure is required to ensure efficient removal of the hot exhaust gases and to aid mixing of the air/fuel.

As you're not changing the manifold or cat, the back pressure will hardly be altered as these are the first two "restrictions" in the exhaust system
            Last edited by Scott; 29 December 2009, 04:55 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for that scott, i did mean power not pressure tho wil get something rite on here one day lol fingers crossed itl b ok when its dun like thanks agen

Comment

Working...
              X