Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth the expense --- but nice Crimbo prezzie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth the expense --- but nice Crimbo prezzie.

Went to my Vauxhall Dealer today to price up some bits that i have been thinking of fitting to the Vectra, these being the chrome window strips to replace the rubber one's as fitted to mine.
    So i got the parts priced up ----- this consisted of --

4X CHROME STRIPS (2x o/s -- 2x n/s)
    2x side quarter windows (have to buy new window)

The good news is that i got 20% off --- the bad news is that it came to

£324 inc vat. after the discount so it's rather expensive.

What the hell, it will match the chrome door handles and mirror covers

spoil yourself, i am sure the big man upstairs will approve
    sigpic

Comment

Why not Leo, go for it

Comment

Its got to be done Leo, & why not . IMO the chrome trim sets the car off
        sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Don't want to put you off Leo, but the VXR vec owners sem to have lots pf problems with these strips due to cloudiness/discolouration.

At £324 I would want them to agree to replace them under the parts warranty should they go cloudy....... before parting with any cash
          sigpic

Comment

There should be a 12 month warranty on all parts from Vauxhall, but as Scott says make sure that they agree to replace them if they do go funny

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Don't want to put you off Leo, but the VXR vec owners sem to have lots pf problems with these strips due to cloudiness/discolouration.

At £324 I would want them to agree to replace them under the parts warranty should they go cloudy....... before parting with any cash
              Its a common problem tbh, seems to be that they tarnish very easily and leave what looks like water mark damage on them.

Comment

I personally don't think the chrome strips look right on a dark car.

However if you want to save a few £ theres a set of chrome trim rear quater lights for sale on Vectra-C - Only wants £40 for them

Comment

Shame you couldnt get carbon look ones?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Yeah Scott, iv'e heard they can go cloudy, this has got me thinking now if i would be doing the right thing.
                    I was going down the road that chrome strips would compliment the mirrors and door handles that i fitted this year, and with it being a black car it would really compliment the car and snowflakes.
                    Will have a good think before the new year (vat increase) as i really would like to fit them to finish the car off.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      Shame you couldnt get carbon look ones?
                      I think Rob painted his black on his VXr Vectra.

Comment

Originally posted by sean_dhc1 View Post
                        Its got to be done Leo, & why not . IMO the chrome trim sets the car off
                        I agree Sean, they look good.

Comment

I had crome window strips on a couple of my past cars and the went cloudy and got water marks under the outer plastic protective coating, so i'de be careful if I were you Leo.

Comment

Hope Vauxhall get this problem sorted as most of the New Astra J models have got the Full chrome strips, top & bottom of the glass

Comment

Originally posted by GTE-steve View Post
                              I had crome window strips on a couple of my past cars and the went cloudy and got water marks under the outer plastic protective coating, so i'de be careful if I were you Leo.
                              Flipppin heck, looks like peeps are trying to put me off getting these chrome strips

Comment

Working...
                              X