Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED light bulbs - opinions? experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED light bulbs - opinions? experiences?

Ive had a set of LED indicator bulbs in the side repeators on the calibra for awhile with no problems, so Ive decieded to replace most of the standard bulbs with LED bulbs on my calibra, still in the standard lenses/lights. I like the way they illuminate and shut off instantly - not like standard filament bulbs. Question is - has anyone done this? Am I likley to have problems with the bulb warning lights on the dash? Etc? Im already running 35w HIDs on the dipped beams - they havent caused any problems yet with the bulb warning lights.

Avoid the single LED versions if you want decent lighting of the inside of the headlight. The multichip ones have LEDs fitted at a number of angles, so fill the reflector with light, this is what I have in my Astra, BUT they are quite thick and may not fit some headlights (they don't fit my Vectra).

The more you pay, the more reliiable they are, I use Ultraleds.co.uk LED lamps. With regard to warnings, the sidelight lamps are not usually on the warning system on Vauxhalls

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Avoid the single LED versions if you want decent lighting of the inside of the headlight. The multichip ones have LEDs fitted at a number of angles, so fill the reflector with light, this is what I have in my Astra, BUT they are quite thick and may not fit some headlights (they don't fit my Vectra).

The more you pay, the more reliiable they are, I use Ultraleds.co.uk LED lamps. With regard to warnings, the sidelight lamps are not usually on the warning system on Vauxhalls
      The ones Ive bought should be the same size as the standard filament bulbs, but have many leds (24) at varrying angles.

Comment

Working...
      X