astra sri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra sri

hi there, me and laura are getting a new car to replace the black L reg corsa sri seen on the club stand at pvs, billing and trax. we have a budget of around £1000 and are thinking about an astra g 2.0 sri, do you think this is a good idea?

should be good mate.good looking car the sri

Comment

Astra G sounds like a plan

Comment

Plenty of Astra G SRi's out there, 2.0-16v upto 2000 then 2.2-16v engine onwards.
        On the 2.0-16v the irmscher bodykit was an option. 16 inch alloys & tailgate spoiler are standard along with irmscher rear exhaust back box.
        Rust shouldnt be an issue as the early cars had a 10 body warranty. Make sure it has a service history & the cam belt & water pump have been changed.
        Interior trim is very hard wearing with sport seats again as standard.
        Most upto 2002 are UK Built

Also check the wiper motor is ok as these are prone to sieze up so if the wipers are slow it will need replacing & unless you can get one from a breakers your talking £100 plus. Early Headlamps go white on the plastic from the heat

Plenty of parts avaliable if you want to modify it so go for it
        sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

going to look at some today, they've all done over 100k but i suppose this is average for a 10 year old car. i'll do the cam belt/water pump my self for peace of mind.

Comment

Depending on your budget, the 2.0 SRi Turbos are going for not a lot of money these days. I AM biased, but they are already getting to be a rare car, many are falling into the boy racer brigades hands and being fitted with God awful mods, and many have been thrashed into the ground. Pick an uncared for example with service history and it could be a bargain.

If you find the blue one, then you have a truly unique car

Comment

we looked into an sri turbo or a gsi but the cheapest insurance is £2300 for laura as she is only 20

Comment

just bought a 51 plate silver coupe. laura is well impressed

Comment

nice buy wheres the pics?

Comment

A Coupe!.......well done

Comment

pics will be here at the weekend when i see daylight

Comment

Working...
                      X