Shall we or Shant we

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall we or Shant we

OK peeps weve been thinkin for a while now about spraying our carbon fibre bonnet silver to match the rest of the car. What would you guys do?

Keep it Carbon, if your going to spray it might as well get a steel one lads.
    Carbon looks best as gives the car a mean look
    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

if ur going for the stealth look a would paint it but ur car is far from standard and the carbon looks really good.

Comment

keep it carbon mate looks good!

Comment

As said previous, if your going to go back to silver, Id put a standard steel one back on, once youve sprayed the carbon, you couldnt really bring it back? Bet the carbon cost abit too?

Comment

I think keeping it Carbon makes it stand out from the crowd! So don't change it

Comment

i thought this with mine. maybe paint part of the bonnet leaving some carbon showing

Comment

would leave as it is

Comment

Keep the carbon

Comment

I'd be tempted to paint the top silver and leave the underside as is for kudos with the carbon brigade

Comment

Maybe blend is a bit of silver with lacquer and recoat it to keep the weave showing, but more subtle?

I've seen a few jap cars with carbon that's been overpainted partially, with a design picked up to show the carbon off. It's a lot of work to pick out a design that suits the car and blends in though.

If it was me, I would be thinking of further carbon fibre, like front wings, doors and door cards, boot and maybe even bumpers to get more weight shaved off, so a colour change to blend the carbon with anthracite paintwork?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Maybe blend is a bit of silver with lacquer and recoat it to keep the weave showing, but more subtle?

I've seen a few jap cars with carbon that's been overpainted partially, with a design picked up to show the carbon off. It's a lot of work to pick out a design that suits the car and blends in though.

If it was me, I would be thinking of further carbon fibre, like front wings, doors and door cards, boot and maybe even bumpers to get more weight shaved off, so a colour change to blend the carbon with anthracite paintwork?

That sound a good idea
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks chaps, we`ve decided to leave it carbon

Steve, great idea about adding further carbon bits, we`ve been looking into a carbon fibre GSi bumper. We`ve decided to leave it for now while we concentrate on the TC and engine/gearbox builds

Comment

Working...
                          X