Absolutely gutted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely gutted

I have had to av my car checked out as my engine management lite kept comin on! firstly got told it woz just a knockin sensor so they wipped it off as i'd had this changed already! then it come back on so ad it put back on the computer and it woz the throttle body so the chap cleaned it hopin it woz just dirt he sed it will sort itself out in a few days! my look this week this didnt happen, so goes back today and got told my ECU is knackered yippeee so fingers crossed wen i get this done evryfin will b ok!!!!

thats not good news, as I know ECU are not cheap

hope you get all sorted soon

Comment

thanks 4 dat got told its guna b roughly 300 to 400 wi fittinfingers crossed itl get dun like thanks agen

Comment

Take it to another garage who knows Vauxhalls, it's very rare for ECUs to go faulty and when they do they tend to die completely. It sounds like guesswork on their part, an experienced technician will know what to look for and what the cause is.

Typical example is most X**XE engines come up with lambda faults when the air mass meter is mullered, but a lot of garages change the lambda or cat first, then tell you the air mass meter was the problem AFTER the two other fixes don't work and claim that the duff AMM killed the cat and lambda sensor, although they are usually perfectly OK

Comment

Im confused lol wel iv ad a mechanic look at it an he rang a technician from vauxhall well i think he woz a technician he has turned around an said because my throttle body sensor woz on and then this other one is on and the lad checked the emission thingy which all came back clear the ecu needs to be changed!the lad said they change an ecu once a week i gather he means in a corsa c!!that is what i av been told

Comment

Bad news mate Ita always worth getting a 2nd opinion tho. Hope it gets sorted soon for ya matey

Comment

ye i hope i get it sorted to i dnt no wer else 2 go 2 get an opinion as the mechanic is a family friend so he aint charged me lol

Comment

Your ECU is ME1.5.5, usually very reliable.

If you don't want to pay for a brand new ECU, get one off eBay, provided it has been unpaired from the original car they can be rematched to your car, usually go for around £60-70 a pop. Failing that, get one with a matched immobiliser pack and some key chips, you can throw it straight on, swap the immo pack from the ignition and change the chip in the key and it will run fine.

I've done this with Corsa ECU for my Astra, as they share the same ECU, I just bunged a base Astra map into the Corsa ECU so I could play about with the mapping without risking losing the PH3.5 map that I already have

Comment

thank you for that steve i will av a look on ebay to see if ther r any for sale!! il speak to the mechanic to with what you av suggested! thanks agen

Comment

Hope you get it sorted OK, if you need any advice, drop me a message, it is possible to clone the chassis number and settings across from the old ECU on the bench before you put it in the car using basic tools

Comment

Thanks steve ill let u no how it goes just gota get the muni sorted n get it done if it is defo the ecu like get them 2 check it agen 4 me thanks agen

Comment

i av just been told that the ecu alone wil cost £750 the fittin will cost £50-100 then plus the code £25 as i dnt think i av the code wen they reprogramme it! There for my quote is like £1000 jst 2 av this dun!Does any1 no who cud av a luk at my car 4 me 2 make sure it is the ecu pls i live in north wales so newer near this area wud b a real help thanks

Comment

Give Antonio a call here......http://www.amconversions.com/index.html

he's based in Garden City, just behind RAF Sealand & all the Cheshire members take our cars to him plus he can reprogram ECU's
                          sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

What enginge is in your corsa as i have a 1.2 ecu in my garage you will just have to get it wiped and reset and i know it's a god-nun

Comment

thanks for that sean, i gather antonio is a very gd at wot he dus? mines a 1.8 sri dicko but thanks very much shame its urs is 4 a 1.2!!

Comment

Working...
                              X