Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-phone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I-phone

    I've been contemplating getting an i-phone, and as O2 are cr.ap up at my house, the alternative was to wait on Orange doing it. The Orange version is on release on the 10th.

    So, I got an email with a "special" code from Orange, so I could jump the queue and get one of them quick.....the catch is you had to click the "reserve now" button before you could view the cost.

    To get a 32g 3GS, for free.....the monthly tariff is.....wait for it.......£122.34....per month , for 24 months

    600mins, 500 texts on an 18month contract is £34.25 p/m.....but you need to pay £274.23 up front. 3Gb of downloads is an extra £14.68, unlimited texts are £7.34. (so nearly £60 p/m with itemised billing)

    I like my gadgets, but the iphone is not that high up my desirability list!!
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    I've been contemplating getting an i-phone, and as O2 are cr.ap up at my house, the alternative was to wait on Orange doing it. The Orange version is on release on the 10th.

    So, I got an email with a "special" code from Orange, so I could jump the queue and get one of them quick.....the catch is you had to click the "reserve now" button before you could view the cost.

    To get a 32g 3GS, for free.....the monthly tariff is.....wait for it.......£122.34....per month , for 24 months

    600mins, 500 texts on an 18month contract is £34.25 p/m.....but you need to pay £274.23 up front. 3Gb of downloads is an extra £14.68, unlimited texts are £7.34. (so nearly £60 p/m with itemised billing)

    I like my gadgets, but the iphone is not that high up my desirability list!!
    pmsl what a rip off! i fancy one to but being a joiner phones get wrecked just bought samsung tocco light good wee phone for the price!

    Comment


    • #3
      I work with a lot of industrial stuff/large bore steel pipe etc and ye olde sony has survived remarkably well, especially being mangled against flanges a few times. Don't know how robust the iphone would be??
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Scott View Post
        I work with a lot of industrial stuff/large bore steel pipe etc and ye olde sony has survived remarkably well, especially being mangled against flanges a few times. Don't know how robust the iphone would be??
        they are very big easy for bashing materials against!

        Comment


        • #5
          I was looking at the "rugged" phones....the sonim quest or the landrover sp1....3yr unconditional warrantee and almost indestructible. Not the most feature packed handset though
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            My sonys take a good bashing pretty well im more than happy with my W880I although its probably prehistoric in phone terms now but its size and metal case is great (good for motorcycling too) battery lasts ages and all i do is phone mainly or text now and again.

            Seen plenty of guys on site breaking screens on I phones and i always laugh when i see somebody holding one up to their head the size of them! Or bulging out in somebodys pocket! call me "old fashioned" but to me a phones a phone and an ipod is for your music. And thats before ive even considered the price of them!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Just looked at the land Rover phone it would do all i ask of a phone but its an inch deep 25mm!!! My phone is 9mm! Sonim looks similar, impressive features list i must say, you really would be taking the p!ss if you broke or drowned one of them!

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't keep the phone in my pocket, its in a Krusell case on ma belt so without the clip its 1 1/4in thick. Broke 2 motorola screens in a short space of time when I kept them in my pocket.....normally when lifting heavy stuff. Havent cracked a screen since
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  SEs are very strong phones, as they use seemingly indestructable plastic on their screen. iPhone has a glass touch screen, same as the iPod Touch, which is cold to the touch. You can get something like a Griffin hardcase, which I have on my iPod Touch, but you only get a screen protector, which is microns thin to retain the touch screen function properly.

                  I would be inclined to look away from the iPhone for a rugged phone

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ahhh, **** knows. Too many choices these days, don't like the idea of being tied into an 18 month contract.....but then again, my current 12 month one is a rip off.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      FFS Scott get down the shop and choose a fooker!...........yer never gonna get a cheap one that surfs the net and helps you polish motors while being indestructable

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well they should invent one!
                        TBH, I have an ipod....so the music bit is of no interest. I don't bebo/twitter/facebook....so thats not an issue. Online surfing is best done on the laptop.....so I suppose really don't need an iphone or blackberry.

                        I just like gadgets.....but i must be getting old and stingy as I really grudge paying over the odds just to get the latest handset
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've got the iPhone the contrac prices are a bit dear but I think it is worth it with all the different applications you can get for it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Well they should invent one!
                            TBH, I have an ipod....so the music bit is of no interest. I don't bebo/twitter/facebook....so thats not an issue. Online surfing is best done on the laptop.....so I suppose really don't need an iphone or blackberry.

                            I just like gadgets.....but i must be getting old and stingy as I really grudge paying over the odds just to get the latest handset
                            lol Gadget GIMP!

                            get yerself an old nokia with snake on it heard they are coming back in fashion honestly!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have a drawer full of old handsets (all working too). Tried those old mobile sites and their prices are terrible....got a few never been used. Much rather keep them as spares than send to those rip-off merchants for 50p!

                              Anyway, got rid of the rip-off tariff today and put it onto one of those rolling 30day contracts. 600 cross network mins, unlimited texts for £19.57. That way if I see something that takes my fancy then I've not real restriction.

                              As for the apps on iphone, do you really use or need them?

                              Oh and they call me "Gadget" at work....for some unknown reason
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X