xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox

Got my lad the xbox for his birthday, so today I set set up for him the xbox online stuff, what a laugh
    sigpic

So more of a present for "dad" than "son"???
    sigpic

Comment

no, it was what he wanted honest, just helping him
      sigpic

Comment

yeah right, we all belive you , poor lad wont even get a look in now
        sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

its the other way round, he wont let me have a go
          sigpic

Comment

Rocket science

Can't get mi head round this new fangeled stuff, got confused when Rubic Cube came out in the seventies and i aint recovered since.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              So more of a present for "dad" than "son"???

Thats like the Hornby train set I got for Christmas when I was 2 years old!!

Comment

Yep got ps3 online brilliant banter online winding up some yanks etc lol get so much more value for money now that games are online!

Comment

I like my PS3 especially as I have now got iplayer and vidzone set up as well.

Comment

My nephews are both into the online gaming thing, one is 10, the other 7. My concern is that you never know who you are dealing with, it could be all innocent and its kids talking and playing with kids.....but then again it could be a sicko preying on the fact that there may be young impressionable kids online.
                    It may be an unfounded concern, but it worried me a smidgen.
                    sigpic

Comment

What happened to crashing pushbikes, making go carts and getting covered in mud and going places you know your not supposed to be!

Its maybe just me but ive always avoided games consoles, saw it as a massive waste of time. But maybe im missing out

Comment

True Brendan, my nephews sit in a darkened room (it has no windows and they turn the lights out for more "effect") for hours on end. All they are interested in are xbox and football....ok they're just kids, when I was 10 I could fully service a car, repair bikes and strip engines. Weekends were spent with my Dad learning his trade and getting oily!
                        Ok were talking more than 2 decades ago when home consoles most advanced game was tennis on the Atari (never had one o' those either).
                        I'm not saying that all kids are the same, but no wonder the younger generation don't want to work for a living, they're quite happy sitting on their backsides pressing buttons and expecting to get paid for it......says me sitting bashing away at a laptop

Sorry for the thread hijack thumper, Xboxes/PS3s etc are great fun, just not my cup of tea. I'm sure if Aliens do attack or the Navy Seals invent drones that need online controllers then we already have plenty youngsters trained in the art of warfare
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bendy View Post
                          What happened to crashing pushbikes, making go carts and getting covered in mud and going places you know your not supposed to be!

Its maybe just me but ive always avoided games consoles, saw it as a massive waste of time. But maybe im missing out
                          Oh he does all that too, the other day the little darling was in a field in his bike, 2 inches of mud on his shoes, comes home straight through the house
                          sigpic

Comment

2 inches of mud on his shoes, comes home straight through the house
                            Just like Rab every night comin in fae work

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              Oh he does all that too, the other day the little darling was in a field in his bike, 2 inches of mud on his shoes, comes home straight through the house

Thats what i like to hear

When i was 10 i was mainly crashing a honda C50 repeatedly in fields over jumps and into my mums MK2 cavalier I can see why people in cities ect would entertain themselves with games consoles and i do enjoy a shot on other peoples ones but its just for half an hour! When i come to think of it my childhood was mainly void of computerised entertainment because i couldnt afford it!

Comment

Working...
                              X