Legal or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal or not?

I sold my alloys on ebay, VXR 18s, 8jx18 with 215/35 18 tyres.

The buyer wants to return them saying that the tyres are stretched and illegal.....an 8" rim is 200mm wide-yes? so a 215 tyre is 215mm wide-yes?
    Tyres were fitted by Kwik Fit.

The design of the tyres slope away from the rim, this guy says a "relative in the police" told him they were stretched and illegal.....I say ****.

Any thoughts/tyre fitters/cops?

The ebay ad clearly stated "no return", the tyre sizes and rim widths were also on the ad....so where do I stand if I tell him "tough"
    Will ebay take my side as there was no false listing...only his word that they are illegal.

Also I did a google search and there are numerous UK alloy wheel/tyre suppliers selling 215/35 18 with 8x18 wheels as a package.
    Last edited by Scott; 4 November 2009, 07:22 PM.
    sigpic

What manufacturer are the hoops? They vary that much when you actually measure them its often not the true size they should be. As long as it doesnt say anything on the side walls about not mounting on certain rim size i would say hes talking rubbish. However im pretty sure the OZ rims on the 888 were 8 inch and they wore 235 wide tyres

Whixhever way you look at it if the rim is 8 inch and the tyre is 215 wide it sort of shouldnt be giving the stretched effect. 8 inches is 203.2mm. arent the GSI alloys 7.5 inch and wear 215 tyres?

If you said no returns i say hes screwed anyway. Tell him he can post them back to you at his own cost then give out a econd chance offer to the next bidder so you dont have to list again and pay more fees?

Comment

he's talking sh1t to be honest just tell him to do one hth

Comment

They're Falkens which slope in at the top, I've emailed ebay to see where I stand......I reckon the guy is at it and doesn't want them.
        sigpic

Comment

If you've stated no returns on your listing then thats it.
          He might put a dispute in with paypal if hes going to be a pain in the ****** but paypal & Ebay should take your side as 'Returns not accepted'

As Bendy says he prob doesnt want them now, tell him to rotate on your middle finger
          sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

If you can legally buy that size of wheel and tyre together from a reputable seller, I cant see he has a leg to stand on, Im guessing hes bought the wheels and they wont fit his car..... not your problem!

Comment

I agree, He's bought them and now doesn't want them because they don't fit his car and now he's making up some ******** about them being illegal to try and get you to take them back.

Tell him to go forth and multiply with himself

Comment

Theres loads of suppliers selling 8x18s with 215/35s. Told him to do a google search. This is the first thing I've sold through ebay......it'll be the last!

Hopefully ebay will be on my side, just need to wait and see. I could see his point if they were not as described, but every bit of info relating to tyre size and wheel size was on the listing...as well as pics!!
                sigpic

Comment

Where's this guy from who's bought them?

Comment

tell him to suck yer banger sold as seen and described

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Theres loads of suppliers selling 8x18s with 215/35s. Told him to do a google search. This is the first thing I've sold through ebay......it'll be the last!

Hopefully ebay will be on my side, just need to wait and see. I could see his point if they were not as described, but every bit of info relating to tyre size and wheel size was on the listing...as well as pics!!
                      Shame, Ive sold a few things, never had a problems.

Comment

Ive also bought and sold plenty of things and rarely had any hassle. If anything its been when buying things. Im 99% sure ebay will be on your side on that one

Comment

Heres hoping ebay /paypal are on my side, I had a look and the only thing I can see is if the goods are not as described....which they blatantly are, even if it goes down the paypal chargeback route, they (the credit card company) have to prove that the items are not as described. The buyer is in the Leeds area.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deeky View Post
                            tell him to suck yer banger sold as seen and described
                            I'd go with this ^^^

Comment

Well after trawling loads of sites, the 215/35r18 is suitable for 7 to 8.5 x 18" rims.

Had a look on the ukpoliceonline site and it had a question/topic about the massively stretched tyres.....and its a bit of a grey area. The manufacturers recommendation are the key from what I can ascertain
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X