What a load of BULL!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a load of BULL!!!!

As some of you know my car was hit by a *hit and run* driver in July and needs a new door and wing, The parts were ordered in July and i was told the door was a *special* order part that would take anything up to 28 days to arrive, So July came and went and so did august and September and NO door

So at the beginning of October I did some investigations into what was happening and after about a hour on the phone to Vauxhall *cough* customer service was told the door was not a stock item and had to be made in Germany and it would be in the UK on 29th October. Well that was last Thursday, so today i phoned the bodyshop that is repairing my car to see if it had arrived only to be told *our parts dept says Vauxhall have told them they are no longer making doors for coupes and convertibles*

So I asked who they had ordered the door from and was told a local dealer in Nottingham, So I phoned their (Vauxhall) parts dept and spoke to the manager only to be told *Sorry sir your car is obsolete and the only thing we can get is the door skin, the doors are no longer made*

So next phone call is to Vauxhall *cough* customer service and explained what I had been told to them, they said *Yes sir, that is correct, there are no doors for coupes and convertibles in Europe at all, and we can't give you a date for when we will have anymore it may be 1 month, 3 months or even a year!!!!*

I am finding it very hard to think that a car that only went out of production in 2006/7 is now *obsolete* and the major body panels are no longer available

So now I have to take my car to the bodyshop tomorrow and they will look at it to see if the door can be panel beaten back into shape and a new skin put on it, If not it will have to be a secondhand door from a breakers yard, but they cannot give me a anti-rust warranty with it because it will be a used part

I myself is thinking that i have been told a load of bullsh!t and I'm rapidly losing interest in the whole thing and wish the car had been written off in the accident

Either that or Jeremy Beadle is waiting round the corner dressed as a Policeman and is going to run out with a camera crew...............

Cant believe that, my dad wont be happy with his obsolete convertible! If I asked for a door for the calibra and was told that, Id understand, but not a 2-3 yr old production model! I thought manufacturers had to keep spares for 4 yrs minimum?

Comment

Still find that hard to be true, was always told that Vauxhall-Opel had to keep a supply of major body pannels for a least 10 years when the car has ended production.

I could still get Manta pannels including doors, front end ect in 1997 when the car ended production in 1988.

The Coupe-Convertible door is almost the same as 3 door Astra hatch door minus the window frame (the skin is the same part number)
      Id ask Vauxhall to do a UK dealer search to see if any dealers have them in stock
      sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

If you haven't already, ask Steve at LMF if he can source one. He has plenty of contacts in Europe who may have one on their shelves.

Another place that seems to be able to source parts easily is Opel Neinhaus. Their parts manager, Jorg Libuda, is a great bloke and I sourced most of my Irsmcher goodies through him at prices that were undercutting the UK firms.

http://www.opel-nienhaus.de/00000198...70a/index.html

Give Jorg a phone or email and see if he can source one for you.

Comment

What a bloomin carry on!!!

Hopefully one of the fellas above has found a way around it mate

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            If you haven't already, ask Steve at LMF if he can source one. He has plenty of contacts in Europe who may have one on their shelves.

Another place that seems to be able to source parts easily is Opel Neinhaus. Their parts manager, Jorg Libuda, is a great bloke and I sourced most of my Irsmcher goodies through him at prices that were undercutting the UK firms.

http://www.opel-nienhaus.de/00000198...70a/index.html

Give Jorg a phone or email and see if he can source one for you.
            Does Jorg deliver to the UK again now?

I've ordered parts from him in the past, then went to place an order with him, he told me he couldn't ship them to the UK so couldn't accept my order.

Hopefully it'll get sorted ASAP, but don't sit and wait Andy.

Keep on at them.
            My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
            Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

Thats shocking, Andy.

I can't believe that the part is no longer avalible

I thought they had to supply major components for 10 years after production stopped

So, does that mean that if you can't get a door the car could be a right off??

Surely that mean that insurance will be getting dearer for Coupes.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Keif View Post
                Does Jorg deliver to the UK again now?
                OPC Neinhaus has plenty listed on eBay at the moment and the auctions state that they ship anywhere in the EU, so it seems strange he isn't shipping to the UK now?

Although, I think Jorg had set up bulk deals with some of the big Vauxhall independent retailers in the UK, maybe he won't sell his styling gear to private individuals now, as he would be undercutting the people he is making big bulk sales with and this could result in a fall out with his UK retailers?

Maybe a phone call and a chat, see if he can do something, even if it means going through a third party in the UK?

Comment

Righty-Ho, So far today it has been fairly good news

Got a phone call from Vauxhall customer service this morning fully explaining why they can't get me a door at the moment, and the reason is (drum roll).....................The coupe/convertible door is a *non-stock* item which is only available on a back-order from Opel in Germany, and they wait until they have a order for about 3/400 doors from across Europe before they out-source the contract to make them to another company. But due to the big black cloud that was hanging over GM Europe until today, they couldn't get a outside company to take on the contract to make them.

Not sure if that is 100% truth

The better news is I was in the bodyshop today and they have sourced a *recycled* door at a breakers near me that only breaks late model Vauxhalls. It's from a 55 plate coupe that's had a shunt up the **** and has been written off. I will be refunded the difference between the cost of the *recycled* door and the cost of a new door (about £250) and as a sign of goodwill from the bodyshop my car will be getting a full valet, the parking ding taken out the passenger door, the dent taken out the roof if possible, the door handles re-spraying and the door card, wing mirror, window glass, regulator and window motor that come with the *recycled* door are mine to keep

So I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel now

Comment

Good news at Last Andy about time things started moving along.
                    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Great news there Andy, hope it's all fixed real soon

Comment

Phone call from the bodyshop today, The written off Coupe in a breakers near me they had located, when they went to get the door yesterday it had already been sold

So still looking now

Comment

Surely they would have checked before contacting you!
                          My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
                          Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by Keif View Post
                            Surely they would have checked before contacting you!

I told them that!, But they told me their trying a email sevire called *Find-a-Part, I told him to get on ebay because there's about 6 coupe drivers doors on there as of 7am this morning

Comment

I would have asked for a courtesy car from day 1. That way its in there interest to get it fixed as soon as possible, to prevent you racking up the mileage on their car. Also it wouldn't inconvient you too much. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X