a little help guys an gals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help guys an gals

Hi just wondering if anybody could help me im lookin for help with what driveshafts to use for a redtop conversion into a corsa b. Its in a nova just now but i know i need longer shafts for the corsa ive been told to use ones from a calibra but unsure what kind i should be looking for any help or advise would be greatfully welcomed cheers

Bump

Come on fellas........where are our technical advisors?

Comment

I'm pretty certain that on the Corsa you still need to cut down and re-spline longer driveshafts to get the XE in.

For the amount of hassle, I would just get a conversion kit with proper made drive shafts, resplined original ones don't fair too well

http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.com...cbe5de7af91b9b

Chris Astley will be able to give you plenty of advice on what to buy and what you can use from the Nova conversion.

Comment

Budget option.....corsa diesel or corsa GSi shafts these are 22 spline, just use mk2 cav 1.6 inners to fit the gearbox end. A weaker but more cost effective option( XE power through 1600 CVs)

Calibra equal length or custom machined items are the best for power....I got mine many years ago from Carquip....shafts alone cost £300 back in the day!!
        sigpic

Comment

I think all you can do is cut a new grove in the end of the shaft for the clip
          In the Mk1 astra i have used equal length shafts of a cav turbo

Comment

Hear you go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA...item3599e1fd91

Comment

driveshafts

alright i used a set of corsa gsi shafts with a set of TDL3051 inner cv's..... you can get the inner cv's from essport (01383 735641) i had about 185 bhp with no prbs......

Comment

Originally posted by dobbsport View Post
                alright i used a set of corsa gsi shafts with a set of TDL3051 inner cv's..... you can get the inner cv's from essport (01383 735641) i had about 185 bhp with no prbs......
                Tdl3051 are amk cv joints u can pick these up in any car part shop or go for Tdl3051r which are recon units and a bit cheaper.

Comment

Thanks for all the great advise guys got a few options to investigate now. im trying to get everything together for when the really bad weather kicks in so i can get the corsa off the road for a few weeks and get my hands dirty, just what i like

Comment

Working...
                  X