The change is here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The change is here...

Called into my local Vauxhall Dealer today to pick up some items from the Service Counter. The spin on oil canister type VOF93 is now in a plain white box with the Opel & Vauxhall logo's on it, no sign of the GM logo anywhere. The same on my ICV gasket's packet label and also on the Dex Cool Antifreeze 5L container. Only the 10w 40 semi synth oil still sports the GM logo though I'm sure that will change when the old stock clears the storeroom.

A sign of the times of the PSA influence.
    Now have OPCOM & Vaux-Com 2014 diagnostics with 10 pin OBD (older VX/Opel models) and 16 pin OBDII Interfaces.

Of course it's going to happen the GM logo will disappear (why should it stay) and PSA labels will appear stating that all parts are Vauxhall brand 1903 and all that --- vauxhalls are not vauxhalls and just waiting for the manuals to appear in French

Comment

End of the Day we have all had to make changes. Ellesmere Port is still building Astra as normal & they are still Vauxhalls.
      Of course the "GM" logo will vanish, its the nature of the buisness.

To Joe public, Vauxhall is a British brand & always will be, Just as Opel is a German brand.

Think back to what Vauxhall-Opel have shared......

the 1.9CDTi engine is a Fiat designed unit
      1.7CDTi Izuzu unit

The Corsa D was shared with the Fiat punto

First Omega B in 1993 used a BMW straight 6 diesel unit.

so because of this does that make them less of a Vauxhall-Opel car?

And now.....

Corsa is built in Spain & Germany
      Adam in Germany
      Astra Sportstourer is built here at Ellesmere Port for Vauxhall, Opel & Holden (Im sure people in Germany wont regard it as a Vauxhall but just an Opel)
      Astra 5 door hatch is built here & Poland
      All the VXR versions of the Astra were built in Poland & Belgium (H & J)
      Insignia in Germany
      The Mokka was built in Korea at first under a number of brand names
      Crossland x is a joint venture as is Grandland X

People still want to buy these cars no matter if it has a Griifin or Opel Blitz on the front & we have to develop & keep up with the competition to survive, & thats a good thing

If we had carried on under GM we would have gone the same way as Saab, ok PSA doesnt suit all but at least we still Have Vauxhall here with us

Ive seen every mark of Astra built at Ellesmere Port from 1984 to current day & want to see a Mk8 built here no matter who owns us

yes we all love the older cars which most of us own but maybe try one of the newer cars & you may supprise yourself.
      sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Not missing the GM logo, just mentioned the change's percolating through now GM's influence is leaving.

Not in the market for a newer car as finances won't allow (Retired), the only VX car I would really love out of the current range to have is the Cascada
        Now have OPCOM & Vaux-Com 2014 diagnostics with 10 pin OBD (older VX/Opel models) and 16 pin OBDII Interfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Leo View Post
          Of course it's going to happen the GM logo will disappear (why should it stay) and PSA labels will appear stating that all parts are Vauxhall brand 1903 and all that --- vauxhalls are not vauxhalls and just waiting for the manuals to appear in French
          Yes the GM logo has to disappear, they didn't want Vauxhall or Opel so sold it to someone who did.

GM are now just an American/Chinese company, no longer selling cars in Europe, Russia, India, South Africa and have closed down manufacturing in Australia.

I would rather have my manual in French than Korean

Comment

Originally posted by Vectra-Arctic View Post
            Not missing the GM logo, just mentioned the change's percolating through now GM's influence is leaving.

Not in the market for a newer car as finances won't allow (Retired), the only VX car I would really love out of the current range to have is the Cascada
            Cascarda has been removed from rhd markets.
            CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

I know, but I would still have one if I could afford it, maybe a used one in time.

Comment

Working...
              X