Sat-Nav, which one is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat-Nav, which one is best?

Looking at getting a sat-nav unit to use in the cars, looking on the web its a nightmare on which one to pick

Which would you say was best, ie tomtom, Garmin ect? as long as its got the speed cameras on it & a good map, ill be happy.

Has anyone had any user issues, such as poor reception, updates from the websites ect. (used to having the built in Vauxhall CD70 Sat-navs for the last 4 years lol)

Any advice, help ect will be great, Thanks
    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

I have to say i dont use ine much when im at home (obviously) but my tomtom one is brilliant and only cost £120 years ago. No problems with it, easy to use, clear maps and plenty options. Ive even used attached inside the screen on my bikes

Comment

Another vote for Tomtom here. Got my own and have it installed for work too.....maps can be a bit inaccurate at times when its new areas, but it has quick re-routing so it doesn't create too much of an issue
      sigpic

Comment

i have a tom tom xl europe edition with traffic and has full address facility so it gets you close to the house number you want. It hasnt got me lost yet.

Comment

TBH honest. TomTom and Garmin are very very simular to use.

We have a Garmin Nuvi 200, never let us down, nice and compact unit.

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either makes TBH.
          My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
          Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

I changed from a Road Angel Navigator to a Garmin last year and its taken me a long time to adjust to using the Garmin. I'm happier with it now. The Road Angel was a safety camera unit first and then satnav secondary. The Garmin is satnav first and camera unit secondary. I wanted lots of volume and flashing screen when I was approaching a speed check area and this isn't available with the Garmin.

Comment

Depends which Garmin you get then.

As ours beeps and flashes like **** when we approach a "safety" camera area.
              My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Keif View Post
                Depends which Garmin you get then.

As ours beeps and flashes like **** when we approach a "safety" camera area.
                I have the Garmin Nuvi 760. I just find it a little too discreet. Can't hear it above the exhaust! lol!!

Comment

Comment

i use the navman s90i, never had any bother with it, loads of features on it too including a camera ( take a pic of anywhere! save it....then u go back to the pic at a later date and tell it to go there and hey presto

Comment

I have an old Garmin, also have a Blaupunkt, Garmin is great, the TMC is useful and I avoid lots of traffic. The Blaupunkt is useless! It has TMC, shows you the problems but wont divert! So annoying, last place is the misses, she is geniunely useless and can be had for free, the TMC never works and the voice from it is just damn annoying, garrenteed to get you lost, even if you know where your going!

Comment

FPMSL take it the mrs doesn't have access to this
                        sigpic

Comment

Hell no! Just aswell, she gets lost going to get a newspaper bless her! Got better since I bought her the Alfa, still struggles

Comment

Originally posted by A_Venables View Post
                            Hell no! Just aswell, she gets lost going to get a newspaper bless her! Got better since I bought her the Alfa, still struggles
                            PMSL

Comment

I've got an old GARMIN street pilot c510, it's okay, but TBH I'm thinking of getting a TOM TOM, as mine dos'ent show the speed on the main screen & dos'ent give you a choice of fastest way, or avoid motorways etc, it just picks one way for you to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X