how fast are these 2.0 corsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how fast are these 2.0 corsa

looking at getting the other half a 2.0 corsa,i know this converstions abit old nowadays but ive always wondered how fast do they crack 0-60 in as she wants sumthn quick but fairly cheap to insure buy and run cheers

Depends on what you class "quick". A sorted Corsa with a redtop is a fast car, the gearbox will decide what top speed your going to get....F16 will accelerate like 5hit off a shovel but tops out sooner, the F20 is marginally slower and gives a greater Vmax. The F28 is more suited to C20Let lumps. Any of the above will keep with WRX Scoobies or VXrs in standard trim (comparing my Nova XE performance)

They are cheap on fuel as they are hauling little weight, insurance may be steep though and some insurers may request an engineers report......thats if it has been re-logged with the DVLA as a 2.0

There are a lot of dogs out there though....buy carefully!
    sigpic

Comment

If you want a really sorted 2.0 Corsa (turbo or well tuned XE), then it really needs to have had the job done properly.

Seam welded & plated shell (at least the front inner wings) for longevity

Motorsport hubs or driveshafts (cut down big block shafts with machined down Cav or Astra hubs tend to end up in broken hubs because they are too thin when you've taken them down to fit the Corsa hub)

Properly modified mounts and clearances (very easy to weld up scrap yard parts and hit stuff with a big hammer without sorting things correctly)

And always declare the engine swap, insurers are very cute with any claims these days
      Wiring can be easily bodged, but done properly it should have the diagnostics port reconnected, so you can find faults easily later.

Uprating the rad to a diesel version or even a custom one makes a difference to the mix too

Comment

I used to have one and it was certainly quick in a straight line but the handling was rubbish and it would just light up the inside wheel even in 3rd gear corners in the wet or sometimes dry. It didnt impress me much to be honest, it was a giggle but not a good quick A to B car.

Comment

got a lovely one up for sale nudge nudge wink wink

in the for sale section

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_flanagan View Post
            got a lovely one up for sale nudge nudge wink wink

in the for sale section
            that is a very nice brief buddy,but i couldnt give that to the gfrnd or thrash it lol id feel quilty,deserves better only got about £1500 for 1, in your opinion how quick are these to 60 rough guess mate.

Comment

Originally posted by markyp View Post
              that is a very nice brief buddy,but i couldnt give that to the gfrnd or thrash it lol id feel quilty,deserves better only got about £1500 for 1, in your opinion how quick are these to 60 rough guess mate.
              lol how much imagination have u got u can get great perfomance for little moeny but as standerd they are quick it the astra think 0-60mph is bout seven half but the corsa is lighter in mine ive blown my mates scooby sti away in the dry an beat a few m3 an best of all they are really good fun

Comment

Working...
              X