Last Mk5 Astra Built at Ellesmere Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Mk5 Astra Built at Ellesmere Port

The Last Astra Mk5 rolled of the production line at Ellesmere Port on Monday 21st September at 2.30pm

Full production of the new Mk6 has started this week with around 20 cars per hour being built & by November 40 cars per hour.

During its 5 years of production Ellesmere Port has built 740.597 Astra Mk5 in 5 door hatch & Van in both Opel & Vauxhall variants

Click image for larger version

Name:	cnmedia25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	188400
    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

hi sir how does the new astra mk6 look is it as good as the mk5

Comment

Well Dave, its a fantastic car . Interior is almost the same as the Insignia & i would be as bold to say its a massive leap in specification & build quality over the Mk5.
      Its quite a bit bigger than the Mk5 as well. Heres a few pics. you can get more info here at www.vauxhall.co.uk

Name:	Astra_02.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	187328

Name:	Astra_03.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	187329

Name:	Astra_05.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	187330
      sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

It's always a bit sad when a Vauxhall model finishes. It's amazing how quickly they get tooled up to build the next model.

You're right, the new Astra looks great, the interior is especially good, very Insignia like!

Comment

Keif spotted a Astra mk6 5 door Turbo at Rockingham last Sunday parked next to a mk5. I must say the mk6 does look a lot better. He took loads of pics so I'll give him a nudge to get them posted in this thread. I can only guess it was a preproduction test/press car or something like that.
          Last edited by Harvey; 25 September 2009, 10:08 AM.
          Find out more about the Derbyshire region by clicking here. My fleet diaries; Astra E, Astra F, Vectra B & Vectra C

Comment

and here they are.

Was it parked next to a MkV by chance? or on purpose?

My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
            Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

Working...
            X