Selkirk Vintage Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selkirk Vintage Rally

The West of Scotland group made the 120mile trek to border country to attend the Selkirk Vintage Rally. We had a lovely day, the sun shone for most of it and the banter was flowing.

We had a great run down, progress was held up on the way down by a novice on a motorbike who could only accelerate on the straights(I'm being kind). He eventually got the message and pulled over to let us pass as he was all over the road.....at one point Simon could have quite easily have undertaken him due to running wide on the corners.

The trade stands were not really to our genre of motoring most of us have thrown out better stuff. To give you an idea of the age of vehicles on display we heard an exhibitor state " I really don't get all these electronics"......welcome to the 21st century!!

Our old gazebo managed to live for another day after some hasty welding was carried out by me yesterday on the cross spars.....although when the wind got up I was getting slightly concerned

Anyway, enjoy the pics....I'm sure the others will have better ones than me
    Last edited by Scott; 20 September 2009, 09:14 PM.
    sigpic

Big thanks to all our members for coming along!
    sigpic

Comment

good pics scott

Comment

Good photos there Scott. Brilliant day spoiled by the (non) organisation
        getting out, got held up big style on the main roads home too caravanetts, artics and just plain slow barstewards. Total time from leaving stand to home 4hrs for 86 miles

Comment

nice pics
          sigpic

Comment

Good pics mate they could have cut the grass the tinks!

Comment

Sounds like some p**s poor motorcycling and hold ups!

Great pics, i must say you lot have a wide range of vauxhalls its good to see.

Looks like some slightly excessive grass in places!
              Last edited by Bendy; 21 September 2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Where's the sheep

Flippin heck, that grass ain't arve long, should have filled the field with sheep two weeks before the event nice motors though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Leo View Post
                  Flippin heck, that grass ain't arve long, should have filled the field with sheep two weeks before the event nice motors though.

I would take the long grass, that would lead to sheep poops!

Comment

Cracking display Guys.......resulting in one or two peeps looking into the site too!

Well done

Comment

Some more pictures from the show.

Comment

Some lovely old motors there

Comment

good day out the run down was brill really bendy tight roads and the car was airborn a few times but its a good laugh and some how people got lost on way home should have kept up people will be going next year even just for the drive.

Comment

.....and jamie managed to keep all 4 wheels on his car this time!

Its a great road, you don't need to break the limits to have fun.....honestly!
                            sigpic

Comment

Eh?

The road is terrible, mad people on quads on the wrong side of the road throwing dogs at you , even with sat nav to tell you where the bends are, it's hard work

I had my strutbrace scraping on the road a few times, couldn't even switch to full power because it would have had us slithering into a hedge.

Leigh was making the best progress out of the pack in the Supershed (after the Vectra gang f*cked off in traffic and left everyone else playing catch up ) cos her little Corsa sticks like ***** to a blanket in the bends and she can floor it without worrying that she's gonna break traction

Quite funny watching a convoy of cars lead by the little XE (X10XE!!) Corsa at a cracking pace round the bendy bits. I always said my little red rocket outhandled most other cars on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X