Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyre Sizes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tyre Sizes

    An interesting read..

    http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/vis...ize-calculator

  • #2
    Yeah, very interesting read, but with the 19" rims and 235 x 35 tyre fitted to my Vectra have a less rolling radius than the standard 17" wheels so i must have better accelleration i think.
    Last edited by Brother Leo; 18 September 2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

    Comment


    • #3
      Those calculations mean my 18s on the Veccy will fit on the Astra and the rolling radius is the same . .

      Blinged out Astra for Selkirk?

      If I could afford the tyres I could also put 245/35/17s on the Astra so it would have some grip and stop dissolving the front tyres into clouds of smoke when I put the loud pedal down

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Brother Leo View Post
        Yeah, very interesting read, but with the 19" rims and 235 x 35 tyre fitted to my Vectra have a less rolling radius than the standard 17" wheels so i must have better accelleration i think.

        Did you know that ordering a vec c with 19s from new altered its CO tax banding though????

        Another piece of useless info courtesy of moi


        I have a similiar calculator that does plan view as well as front elevation, my 18s are as near as dammit to the standard 215 45 17s when they have 215 35 18s for rolling circumference
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I too have used a similar calculator that gives a plan view..........please dont forget that you also need to check the offset and wheel width if you plan on fitting bigger wheels.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Smudge View Post
            I too have used a similar calculator that gives a plan view..........please dont forget that you also need to check the offset and wheel width if you plan on fitting bigger wheels.

            ET40 and 8.5" rims stretches the 215s lovely on the Vectra, so fitting them to the Astra would be Euro look

            Gonna try it tomorrow methinks

            Comment


            • #7
              Also depending on the quality of your tyres there can be quite a difference in tyres marked up the same size but they may well actually have a considerably different rolling diameter.

              The 35/40/45/50 ect due to being a percentage of the width of the tyre in relation to how deep the sidewall is. My cousin has a tyre business and we have measured same size tyres a few times with the good old string method! , cheap brands vs michelins, khumo, and the like its quite shocking how far off the nankangs and linglongs are!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bendy View Post
                Also depending on the quality of your tyres there can be quite a difference in tyres marked up the same size but they may well actually have a considerably different rolling diameter.

                The 35/40/45/50 ect due to being a percentage of the width of the tyre in relation to how deep the sidewall is. My cousin has a tyre business and we have measured same size tyres a few times with the good old string method! , cheap brands vs michelins, khumo, and the like its quite shocking how far off the nankangs and linglongs are!
                I have BCTs on my Vectra and they are rubber bands, Scott got on Falken his and there is a noticeable difference. I'm sticking with Goodrides for the Astra, they are wearing better than Goodyear, Falken and Dunlop and they don't melt as easily (probably the amount of wood and asbestos they use)

                Comment

                Working...
                X