Astra News from Ellesmere Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra News from Ellesmere Port

Just thought id keep you updated with some inside info on the production of the Astra Mk6 at Ellesmere Port.

We will cease production of the Astra H 5 door on the 22-23rd of September (although the Astravan will still be built by us untill 2012)
    The Sporthatch will still be Built by Antwerp in Belgium untill late 2010 & includes the VXR variants

Full production of the new Astra Mk6 starts on the 25th of September at around 15 cars an hour & by late November will will be building 40 of the new car per hour. Ellesmere Port is the lead plant & will be building both Vauxhall & Opel variants.

The pictures dont do the car justice, its an Excellent car & im sure most of you will be impressed when you get the chance to see it for real.
    The interior is just like a smaller version of the insignia, whilst outside the Astra is quite a lot bigger than the Mk5, id say almost Vectra B size now.

Engines include a 1.4-16v Turbo, 1.6-16v Turbo & 160ps 2.0CDTi-16v
    The SRi has the option of 19inch alloys as well as the XP kit & the same DVD800 sat-Nav system from the insignia

2010 will also see us start production of the Astra Mk6 Estate which will be called the Astra Sports Tourer

Click image for larger version

Name:	astra_tease_wp1600x1200_v1_0_20090505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	188399
    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

why the hell are modern cars getting so much bigger now why keep them the same size as the older ones less weight more power instead off bigger heavier with more power do they not understand how much i have to spend to be able to out run a corsa b zlet* or clet*

*hasn't happend yet not enough cash spent but its a coming i tell ya

Comment

A lot has to do with the cars safety rating in the crash tests so the safety shell is engineered into the cars design along with a lot of new safety features.

Vauxhall-Opel also take into account road noise, the creature comforts most of us are now used to, Airflow, Fuel figures, bootspace (The Astra has the same split level boot as seen in the Corsa D) hence a bigger car.
      Even the basic spec Astra Mk6 has more standard Specification than its equivelent Astra Mk4 CD now

Dont forget Timmee your Corsa VXR is the same size as an Astra Mk3 .
      Think you need to get a Zlet your self
      Last edited by sean_dhc1; 14 September 2009, 10:27 PM.
      sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Originally posted by sean_dhc1 View Post
        A lot has to do with the cars safety rating in the crash tests so the safety shell is engineered into the cars design along with a lot of new safety features.

Vauxhall-Opel also take into account road noise, the creature comforts most of us are now used to, Airflow, Fuel figures, bootspace (The Astra has the same split level boot as seen in the Corsa D) hence a bigger car.
        Even the basic spec Astra Mk6 has more standard Specification than its equivelent Astra Mk4 CD now

Dont forget Timmee your Corsa VXR is the same size as an Astra Mk3 .
        Think you need to get a Zlet your self
        the 1.6 is a let just the numbers are low got plans for the corsa which should be in place before december which should help swing the balance my way will post when it happens

Comment

I don't like the Insignia but that pic of the new astra looks a bit lovely!!!!
          Last edited by Lynn; 14 September 2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Headlights stolen from SAAB before the split? Looks more balanced in size than the bulbous Insignia, it'll be a good seller though. Quite Scirroco-esque which is no bad thing
            sigpic

Comment

That pic makes it look far better than the Astra H which I have never liked.
              Find out more about the Derbyshire region by clicking here. My fleet diaries; Astra E, Astra F, Vectra B & Vectra C

Comment

Got to say I love the mk6 Astra we have about 40 down the Tech Centre at the moment getting PDI and tested, the 1.7 diesel is impressive and the 1.4 turbo

Comment

Still dont like the Incipid but that looks good

I take it jobs there are safe for a while then Sean

Comment

Always a big fan of the Astra from the MK1 onwards, its just getting better and better
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      Always a big fan of the Astra from the MK1 onwards, its just getting better and better

the mk 4 was the only iffy version

Comment

Originally posted by timmee custard View Post
                        the mk 4 was the only iffy version

Yeah, could be right
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          Yeah, could be right

could be

Comment

cheeky git