Safety Camera Signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Camera Signs

As I passed our local police headquarters last night I saw a new sign just before the safety/speed camera:

Now detecting:
    Mobile Phones
    Seatbelts
    Speed

The speed bit is standard, but how does it check for seatbelts??? A lot of our cameras down here are rear-facing so I'm puzzled how they are checking this...

Originally posted by trudy_avery View Post
    As I passed our local police headquarters last night I saw a new sign just before the safety/speed camera:

Now detecting:
    Mobile Phones
    Seatbelts
    Speed

The speed bit is standard, but how does it check for seatbelts??? A lot of our cameras down here are rear-facing so I'm puzzled how they are checking this...
    Ummmmmm

Comment

Easy! If you crash in front of the camera without a seatbelt on whilst on a mobile phone, you will fly out through the windscreen at speed, this will trigger the speed camera and then it will snap you flying through the air and your phone. Your mobile will be in the road next to your dismembered torso!

Tah daaa!!

Comment

How did I know Johnny, that if you answered it wouldn't be a serious reply...

Comment

Don't worry about what benefits VXR Online are getting, you get my unique controversial humour on this site!

Anyway, seriously............I have had a quick search for new camera equipment for safety camera partnership and there's nothing listed new recently. Miught be worth popping in to the local plod and asking them??

EDIT....

Just had another thought!!

Camera signage is there as a warning that there is a chance that there could be any type of safety camera in that area. This could be fixed, specs etc. but more likely to be a camera van. This has the ability to view you from the front and the operator can see you coming and zoom in on the driver to see exactly what the driver is doing. You would easily be able to see if the driver has a mobile to their head. That's what I reckon.
          Last edited by JohnnyN; 9 September 2009, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trudy_avery View Post

Now detecting:
            Mobile Phones
            Seatbelts
            Speed

ha ******** comes to mine its another way for them to **** rape you for more cash!

Comment

I've seen the scamera van parked up (forward facing) and a plod car parked further up the road. I assume that they are radioing ahead to the car when they spot someone on their phone or with apparantley no belt on......however, unless they take a pic and can prove you had no seatbelt on then you can sneakily put it on before being pulled (if you spot the barstewards first). The phone is easy to check, they just need to review the call log unfortunately.

In Ayr the plod sometimes stand at bus stops in plain clothes with a walkie-talkie, pinpointing the cars on the phone/no seatbelt.....which are subsequently hauled in by a marked car a few hundred yards up the road.

Its more the fear factor they are using to make you comply, its much easier to print a sign off with the threat of super-duper technology than to spend £30k on a camera van that can count the spots on a flea doing 70mph from 3 miles away!
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds a bit sneaky but i get quite annoyed at people that dont wear seatbelts its really not a big hassle is it? Im not sure about phones, theres plent people that can still drive better than many while being on the phone but some people who really arent paying attention due to being on the phone. Its when you see someone trying to type out a text and going all over the place thats dangerous!

Comment

More stealth taxes methinks ----- what's the U.K. coming to.

Comment

Working...
                  X