LeMans alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeMans alternatives?

Ok, theres a reason I put this on a separate thread and not onto Nicks original as I don't want to hijack that thread and turn it into a "them and us" debate. So, here goes......

Yes its a good idea......but not really for those who stay in the Northern Hemisphere.

From the South West of Scotland we are looking at 480-500 miles just to reach Dover....so safely another 1000miles / 30 gallons of fuel over and above the cost per person of the event and the distance to LeMans once over the Channel.

Reading the posted comments which are mostly from those who reside within the Southern/Central regions, its obviously a great event to attend and is quite within reasonable reach both financially and logistically, I'm sure I'd go if it was closer.

I fear that there will not be a great uptake from us up here for this, my main concern is that there is no impetus to get events/attractions in the "middle" of the country arranged(and yes, I know Lemans isn't held in Leeds ).

I know Sean had been toying with the idea of a show/chillout weekend in the Lake District...any other ideas?
    sigpic

I can understand that Scott, I think if you though if you leave the UK for anything abroad then you are looking at Traveling Big time milage for all our members from the North.

I am quite happy though to head north for a event, maybe if the Lemans thing goes ahead we also can do something up North.
    sigpic

Comment

Personally I think Le Mans is a great idea, but a show further up the country on another date would be brill, like Sean's idea as previously mentioned

Comment

It's just to far for me to travel to be honest, but i really do think that some kind of show should be arranged oop north.

This show season i have done the rounds, Scotland, Midlands,West Country and throughly enjoyed myself, oh, and i'm off to Castle Combe on 5 September, so this summer i have done a fair amount of miles.

There's plenty of time to arrange a show oop north for next year, how about Blackpool it's got good motorway links and the women are bonkers.

Comment

And what would I want with a "bonkers woman"
          Now a "bonkers man" OOops - already got one

Comment

Originally posted by opel_bitch View Post
            And what would I want with a "bonkers woman"
            Now a "bonkers man" OOops - already got one

lol poor Rab gettin it again

Comment

Aye, canny let the side doon

Comment

Working...