X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 of only 9 ?

I thought all Astra mk3 GSi's were either 1.8 16v 0r 2.0 16v

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Last edited by Stevie mc; 18 August 2009, 08:25 PM. Reason: forgot the link lol

looks used and abused anyway lol

Comment

Someone better send the Heritage centre an email so they can have it for their collection as its so rare
      sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Originally posted by sean_dhc1 View Post
        Someone better send the Heritage centre an email so they can have it for their collection as its so rare
        lol its a shed!

Comment

Before we all start ripping it to pieces, I did a bit of detective work......and it appears to be what it is.....

According to the build specs which I compared to my Mk3GSi, it had the sports trim GSI seats, non-airbag leather wheel, no leccy windows, no leccy mirrors, rear sports panel (i.e GSi back panel), no front fogs, no headlamp washers.....so its "as built". The difference in spec going with my old 16v is the engine (states 2.0 petrol) and gearbox (states sports 3.55 ratio...F20 was 3.42)......so that adds up to a C20NE (it had a cat) and an F16.

I can remember vaguely being told that there were a few 8v GSis built.
          sigpic

Comment

I was told that aswell, same as there's a few rare corsa GSi's 8v's floating around, possibly all dead now though

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Before we all start ripping it to pieces, I did a bit of detective work......and it appears to be what it is.....

According to the build specs which I compared to my Mk3GSi, it had the sports trim GSI seats, non-airbag leather wheel, no leccy windows, no leccy mirrors, rear sports panel (i.e GSi back panel), no front fogs, no headlamp washers.....so its "as built". The difference in spec going with my old 16v is the engine (states 2.0 petrol) and gearbox (states sports 3.55 ratio...F20 was 3.42)......so that adds up to a C20NE (it had a cat) and an F16.

I can remember vaguely being told that there were a few 8v GSis built.
              lol still a banger!

Comment

May be so, but how many complete 5hitters have been rescued by enthusiasts?
                sigpic

Comment

That is very true, a few years back there was a little write up in total vauxhall about MK3 gsi,s when one was featured and it mentioned the handfull of 2.0 8 valves. I seemed to think it was more than 9 though

Comment

Say;s in the ad that it is believed to be 1 of 9 left on the road

Where do you get this information? Wouldn't mind finding out how many of a few things are left on the road

How many 4 door saloon chevette's ?
                    How many were on a 'B' plate ( i know there were not many saloons reg'd on B's)

I tried to find this out from the DVLA many years ago (pre internet) could supply some of the info like all the previous owners for the pricey sum of £15 at that time that would have filled the tank

Comment

Your just to d.amn stingy.....fifteen quid....
                      sigpic

Comment

Was only getting paid £78 a week ... an about £30 of that went in the tank

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie mc View Post
                          Why??? You never bloody went anywhere!!!
                          I couldn't even get a trip to macdonalds out ya!!!

Lmao
                          Last edited by Lynn; 20 August 2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie mc View Post

Was a 1256 OHV that thirsty?
                            sigpic

Comment

Its a mile a lap of the town you know!!!

The things you do when your young eh!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X