How not to Drive your Carlton GSi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to Drive your Carlton GSi

Looking through some of my old photos found this, Opel Omega 3000 or the Carlton GSi to us. Old Opel promo photo from 1988 & one for Keif .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	213.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	188395

Click image for larger version

Name:	187.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	188396

Always thought they were a great car, very underated & top spec. Does anyone in the club still own one?
    Last edited by sean_dhc1; 16 August 2009, 10:03 PM.
    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

should be how to drive your old carlton

Comment

Great pics Sean

Comment

Had a trawl through the mighty 'Bay and only found one that had been scavenged for parts to save a Lotus. It was a low mileage minter going by the vendors description, these are probably rarer than the Lotus now, which is a shame. I remember them being launched with the digi-dash, always had a soft spot for the 24v in red, manual with a slipper.....off for a look on autotrader and piston heads now
        sigpic

Comment

Quite few seem to have an LSD fitted, was it a reasonably priced option? Ive notice a serious drop in the amount of them for sale over the past year. I suspect quite a few are going ludicrously sideways to their iminent death in Ireland. I was over in belfast a couple of weeks ago and i did see a couple in service over there!

I know theres a silver one thats not too shabby in a barn up here and a black one for spares but the guy wont sell them and i know he wont ever do anything with them either. Great cars!

Comment

Originally posted by Bendy View Post

I know theres a silver one thats not too shabby in a barn up here and a black one for spares but the guy wont sell them and i know he wont ever do anything with them either. Great cars!

People like that really P!$$ me off, why don't they let some one else get the enjoyment out of them

Comment

Aye ,theres a peach of a cav gsi sits in a drive way down in Ayr, hasn't moved for years and the owners won't sell it for sentimental reasons.....(should be just mental)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Aye ,theres a peach of a cav gsi sits in a drive way down in Ayr, hasn't moved for years and the owners won't sell it for sentimental reasons.....(should be just mental)

My mates cav,well was
                Last edited by simon; 19 August 2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  grrrh where is it whats the postcode

Comment

Originally posted by Deeky View Post
                    grrrh where is it whats the postcode

You wont get it mate,hes dead sadly

Comment

Working...
                    X