X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car of the Month - September Nominations

Drivers Club - Car of the Month for september

Nominations will be open until the end of 21th august.

There'll then be a poll open for votes starting on Saturday 22th until midnight Monday 31st.

Please post two quality pictures of YOUR car you wish to nominate and a brief spec/mod list.

If you entered your car in last months vote, you can not enter for this month
    Last edited by Keif; 13 August 2009, 10:41 PM.

Something different as I nominate our (Amanda's and mine) hard as nails Frontera Estate. The Frontera is so underated and our beaut was purchased July '08 with only 34K on the clock. It's our daily hack and seems to just go on and on. It's got a number of optional extras as we believe it was an ex-demo, these include side steps, front nudge bar with fogs, 16" alloys, flaps, rubber mats, load cover. It does what it says on the tin and is great at towing car trailers . It's running an X22SE lump which has loads of grunt and you'll be surprised how quick it can corner, just ask Keif

When I had to changed the heater matrix, big job as you can see but all well now

Last edited by Harvey; 14 August 2009, 11:42 AM.
    Find out more about the Derbyshire region by clicking here. My fleet diaries; Astra E, Astra F, Vectra B & Vectra C

Comment

Thought I give this a shot.

Only a few mods done, as I'm trying to keep it standard, but with a little updating, out side FK angel lights, black lexus lights rear, and the moment it's sitting on face lift alloys, but will be at some point putting the mk1 alloys back on

Engine wise, Magnex back box, with remus centre section, k&n panel filter, with the orginal air box drilled holes for more air and sound. remapped.
      car is a 1998 GSI MK1 with under 90,000 miles

BHP is 203 from last test
      Last edited by Jimmer; 15 August 2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

This is a couple of pics of my Vectra that I have owned since May 2006. In that time I have fitted my personalised number plate, 308mm brakes with grooved discs, Scorpion back box and performance centre section, Irmscher front grill, Irmscher badging in the rubbing strips, Vectra C SRi facelift alloys, Toyo tyres, 1/2 leather seats, wind deflectors, tinted side repeaters, Courtenay lightened flywheel, Courtenay uprated clutch, Courtenay panel filter, modified air box, cruise control, Eibach springs, Whiteline rear anti roll bar & Goodbridge brake hoses.

It has taken me faithfully to and from work in Kent, then up and down the M1 between Leicestershire and Kent, and even further north to Scotland in 2006, 2007 & 2008 for the fast & modified show and all the way to Stuttgart in Germany for the Irmscher weekend in 2008.

At various car shows across the country, I get alot of comments about the colour. At lot of people think it has been resprayed and they are shocked when I say it is a standard colour - Graphite pearlescent. I always like to clean my cars using Meguiars products as the pictures show. Enjoy.

Comment

here is my w~plate gsi,only one lady owner from new with 50k on the clock,couple of mods,courtenay high flow filter,airbox mods,lowering springs on order,it is in good condition for its age,couple of car park dings

Comment

Ok am up for this lol
            Astra SRI Estate 1.9 cdti 150 - 200bhp
            40k on the clock full service history, am the 2nd owner from new
            Irmscher front bumper
            Irmscher grille with painted surround
            Irmscher light brows
            Irmscher evo star alloys 7.5x18 Titanium
            Exterior pack side skirts
            Exterior pack rear apron
            Eibach pro spring kit
            Diesel tunning uk....CRD-T box
            Only owned the car 3 weeks ( was standard when purchased )

Comment

time for some old skool,heres my MK1 Astra GTE that has taken me 2years to restore to totally original condition ,I saved the car from the scrap man the day before it was to be lifted ,found it on a farm with grass growing through the holes in the floor and after the bare metal resto this is the result

Comment

Working...
              X