Moto GP trip donnington 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto GP trip donnington 09

Ive not been on much recently due to having a pretty hectic couple of months, going to T in the park the the moto gp and straight on a 5 day stag do in ireland right after that!!

Heres a quick run down of the trip to donnington for the gp, went on the bikes this year

Set off overnight to Aberdeen on the friday night, only 2 of us due to Ross breaking his wrist! Cleaned up the bike and that before leaving and heres what a cabin on the boat looks like. Picture of the start mileage there too.

Off the ferry at 7am saturday morning and already me and clouston had to wait for Towers as he was late, he lives 5 bloomin minutes from the docks in Aberdeen! So heres us waiting on a chilly morning with ferry in the background and Towers turning up at half 7 !!!!!

Next stop was services around perth somewhere.

A68 down through Scotland after Edinburgh then into England turned out to be a good choice, some good roads. Towers almost had a fuel disaster at one point going up over the border, the R6 seemed to be drinking it heavier than my bike was. Couple of pictures of me (the navigator) after i missed a turn off!

Photos became thin on the ground till the race, it was wet alot of the day which didnt help anything. great race though and a great day untill we left and it was a 3 hour monsoon till we got up to Harrogate and stayed there on the sunday night. We rode up with a a few guys from newcastle we met just outside donnington in the madness trying to get out of there it was a nightmare in the rain, quite a few bikes going down in various places. I turned my room into an elaborate bike gear drying ecosystem overnight which worked well! The other 2 set off with soaking gear the next day. Few pictures of Rossi, toseland and race winner Dovisioso.

And finally the finish mileage, not done the maths but it was close to 1200 miles i think. I reckon ill need to get a more touring based bike next year, my throttle hand, neck and legs were killing me! Bike never missed a beat and it was great fun, on tuesday the 2 of us got from inverness to the ferry at Scrabster in just under 90 minutes, about 113 miles and lots of it is very twisty

Some fantastic pictures of your road trip there Bendy, glad you had a good time at Doinnington moto gp & got back safe. We could'nt make it, but went to the British Super Bikes at Donnington, mallory Park & are goig to Cadwell Park.

Comment

woo hoo sir is the shaver broke up yur way lol

ye shud hae gave me a shout sir a wid hae met up wi ye fir the crack
      sigpic

Comment

nice one steve, wish i was a bit closer to all the circuits!

Aye i do apologise for the taliban style beard! I ken ive passed by your way a few times this year just never have time to stop shaggy!

Comment

Long time no hear from our most Northern member.....wi all this bikin' there'll not be much manta rebuilding happening! (or hoose buiding for that matter!)

Aye, sports bikes can really kill the arms and shoulders on a long haul......a nice pan european or Goldwing for you next?? I liked the VFR800 it could hold its own so-to- speak. Stevie Mc has a Blackbird CBR1100XX, its a good tourer too
          sigpic

Comment

Ive been doing a few bits to the Vectra and some more work on the hatchback manta to try and get an MOT on it! Vectra has the management light on now too

As for house building im at the point of selling the site now, my mother and her partner are now building a house 200 yards up the road from it and 3 houses next to the site have been sold to absolute ***** holes i cant stand so i really dont want to live there now!

And as for the bikes im very much in the market for a blackbird, just need a decent one to turn up thats not 600 miles away! VFRs are a bit revvy and lack grunt like a 600 does. Im also in the process of striking a deal for a 954 fireblade in Glasgow same colour as my bike, need more power

It will definately be a touring bike and a throttle lock for the next long trip

Im hoping that the run up to christmas this year will see some good graft going into the manta when things finally calm down

Comment

Looked like a great Trip.
              Only prob having a sports bike, it kills your back & neck. Blackbird will be a good choice. (dont get a Bloody Harvey if you want a Tourer lol, TRACTOR
              sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

My bike wasnt too bad for the neck and back its quite comfy for a 600 but im hoping the blade will be even more comfortable since im only a little guy! Got to wait 2 weeks to go and pick it up from Glasgow though

new bike

Comment

Originally posted by Bendy View Post
                  nice one steve, wish i was a bit closer to all the circuits!

Aye i do apologise for the taliban style beard! I ken ive passed by your way a few times this year just never have time to stop shaggy!
                  t in the park aboot 10 mins fi ma hoose tut mr bendy lol

a will see ye again lol
                  sigpic

Comment

The new blade looks nice Bendy Yoy certainly need less head down & A$$e up when on long road trips. My ZZR600 was fairly good, needed to keep the revs up tho.

Comment

Yeh hopefully it will be as tidy as my current bike. Think ill be looking for a blackbird over winter for long trips next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Shagalier View Post
                        t in the park aboot 10 mins fi ma hoose tut mr bendy lol

a will see ye again lol

Aye dont worry ill get in past a swing one of these times im south!

Comment

Working...
                        X