update on new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on new car

got a phone call today from vauxhall and because it is not a fault with the car i have to deal with the garage[ archie moss of loughborough] have said no to the repair because when i ordered the car and they sent me a picture of the front bumper with the number plate already on the car they said that i agreed to buy the car as it is so they are now not going to fix the front bumper well what can i do now can any one advise

Was this a brand new motor..if so i would have said the way they fixed the plate was not acceptable.
    sigpic

Comment

hi the car was a pre reg with delivery miles only so i say that it is new but i am not finished with this garage yet so watch this space

Comment

Barstwerds you want to post this around as many forums as possible, you need to hit them where it hurts.... in there monthly sales figures.

I notice that they have what appears to be some good offers but with offers like a F****D up bumper I'd rather pay full price.

Good luck & keep us posted

Comment

Have you the original picture you can post up?

Also, if you found a small car park dent, do you think they'd have had the same responce?

I don't. Keep at them and keep us updated.

As you know, the fault is clearly the numpty that fitted it originally.
          My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
          Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

thats bad crack . what are u ment to do zoom in on the pics of car they sent u and look how number plate fixed. dont realy think a woud be doin that , you would they would know not to do that . fa**nys

Comment

new car update

there is a picture of the front bumper they sent me can any one tell were the screws are fitted well

i have been back in contate with vauxhall waiting for a reply

Comment

Originally posted by david vxr View Post
                there is a picture of the front bumper they sent me can any one tell were the screws are fitted well
                No, but i can tell it's on the p|ss.
                My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
                Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

new car update

just heard back from vauxhall because i had the car delivered there is nothing vauxhall can do i have now to take action to recover the costs of the repairs to the bumper from the garage archie moss of loughbourgh
                  i am not a happy man i am f mad

Comment

Take some legal advice
                    sigpic

Comment

Whats been said about the offside sill moulding. Don't vauxhall state how the number plate is to be fitted, If you are supposed to drill it and put screws in surely it would have the square holes in the bumper like the astra vxr.

Comment

What Colin Said
                        sigpic

Comment

hi colin the side skirt i have touched up but the bumper well i will be taken action and gettin some advice asap

Comment

Originally posted by colin_woodvine View Post
                            Whats been said about the offside sill moulding. Don't vauxhall state how the number plate is to be fitted, If you are supposed to drill it and put screws in surely it would have the square holes in the bumper like the astra vxr.
                            colin even my last vxr8 i had came with a square number plate i am getting no wear with vauxhall and i will soon be getting my own back on archie moss so watch this space

Comment

I don't know if its the same in scotland but we have consumer direct or trading standards to turn to, to get advise over where you stand legally on matters like this. they helped us with a problem with poor workmanship on a paint job on the vectra.

Comment

Working...
                              X