X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who stole a Triple 8 steering wheel?

taken from VXRonline.....

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
    While everyone had a great day on Sunday at the Triple 8 get together it seems someone decided to take a memento away with them.

Given that Triple 8 entrusted this group with their building , the race cars and pretty much the run of the place I'm not only bloody p*ssed off I'm also embarrassed for you all.

So I'd ask anyone who knows about this to either let us know or tell the person involved that if its returned nothing more will be said.

What a shame someone (or group of people) spoil things like this.

Stu
    Last edited by Keif; 30 July 2009, 07:26 PM. Reason: Added Quote from Stuart Harris
    sigpic

Was it one of the steering wheels from the Race Vectras?
    I know when i was taking photos of the cars, 2 of them had the steering wheels on the seats.
    As said above, everyone was free to wander almost around every part of the site & 888 did put a great show on. Tony even let our Pib put his Astra 888 with the race Astra for pictures. Shame this has happened
    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

not sure sean, shameful
      sigpic

Comment

There's ALWAYS a few that ruin things for the majority is'nt it hope the scum bags return it asap.

Comment

Sad that 888 open there doors and put on a great event, all for someone to ruin it.
          My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
          Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

That's disgusting being given free run of the place & some thieving TW&T betrays their trust.
            I think the best thing Tony can do is if it's not returned is keep an eye on Ebay & also contact some of the motorsport memorabilia companies explaining that a steering wheel has been stolen & if one turns up for sale they will be taking legal action.

Comment

Theres always one tool that has to **** everything up for everyone else. There really are some scummy people about.

Comment

With enough publicity across the different Vauxhall clubs, whoever stole this won't be able to sell it or use it again for fear of getting caught out, so they might as well hand it back.

God only knows why someone would think they would get away with this

Comment

I dont even remember seeing a steering wheel at 888.

I cannot see us being invited to 888 again after this.

Comment

That is bang out of order I hope they find who done it and chop their hands off

Any photos of the said wheel so we can know what to look for

Comment

No-ones actually given exact details of the missing item.

It's assumed it's a steering wheel from one of the race cars on display, and not from the VXR Performance Centre.

I have pictures of the interior of Matt Neals car, i'll post pictures when it's confirmed which steering wheel it is.
                      My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
                      Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

Scum bags

Comment

Thats bloody cheeky.
                          Disappointing that one person will ruin it for future visits

Comment

At one stage on Sunday there was a group of characters around the three racing Vectras in the rear workshop and i did notice one of the kept picking up bits from on top of the shelves behind the cars. However these looked like heavy chassis or suspension parts and nothing that could be easily walked away with without raising suspension.

Did notice Stuart Harris watching this crowd carefully from the doorway at the time.
                            Aka Forever Smitten, MSD0025
                            Vectra Supertouring 200 #25
                            Astra Nurburgring #69

Comment

we had a reply from Dougie, it was a wheel from one of the BTTC cars
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X