Oh dear, ebay Astra 300bhp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear, ebay Astra 300bhp??

Here's a good laugh if you're feeling down today. It cheered me up!

Wasn't sure if to put this in the Humour section, lol!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...46#description

must be the airfilter that gained 150ps lol
    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Whats his secret, oh maybe its the air filter
      sigpic

Comment

Forgot to mention car had new timing belt @ 57,000 miles.
        Urm, it's a 2.2 so has a Timing chain. Maybe he was being careful due to the 300BHP.

Wouldn't have needed doing til 100k miles or 10years.
        My Lotus Carlton Car of the Month Aug 2009 - Nova GSi Dec 2010 - Meriva Aug 2013 - Astra 1.8 TwinTop Design Aug 2015
        Vauxhall Drivers Club - Facebook page

Comment

Oh dear What a muppet lol

Comment

pmsl

Comment

The poor chap was positive that it had 300bhp. I had to try and break it to him that it wasn't possible for a N/A 2.2 to have this kind of power. I told him a short story of my car and pointed him in the direction of Courtenay Sport before warning him that someone may report his auction for false advertising.

Comment

Good man

Comment

Originally posted by Supercharger View Post
                  Here's a good laugh if you're feeling down today. It cheered me up!

Wasn't sure if to put this in the Humour section, lol!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...46#description

See Johnny you wasted all that money & all you need to do was fit an air filter & you would have got an additional 20bhp

I've asked him a few questions, if he replies I'll post his answers

Comment

What have you asked rob?

Comment

Here's the reply that I had earlier as to how he's tuned it from 147bhp standard to 300bhp.

Dear johnnyn1973,

hi m8 it is approx 280bhp i found out today thats why i put approx the car has had the following done the intake has been remapped giving the car 38% more power and the fuel ratio has been changed to 12.6.1 giving the car an extra 7% power also the irmscher exhaust system gives the car extra 5-7 % power and the induction filter approx 3%, regards allan

- swordale1690

Comment

Theres one born every minute lol

Comment

I asked this earlier

Hi, I'm interested in your Astra but have a few questions, 1,What have you done to produce the 300bhp 2,Do you have a rolling road print out to confirm the 300bhp 3,Do you have receipts for the service work i.e.oil changes, cam belts?

And he came back with this answer

hi there, the service book is all stamped i also have a local mechanic who does all my oil changes for me he can be contacted if needed, the air intake has been remapped adding approx 28% more power to the standard 148 bhp the fuel ratio has been changed also giving about 8 % more power the irmscher exhaust gives it approx 5 % and the induction filter approx 3 % a more realistic figure will be about 280 bhp i think email me on [email protected] if u need more info cheers allan

So between Johnny asking & me asking it's lost approx 10% so if this car lasts out the 4 remaining days then it might end up just being able to move under it's own steam

Comment

Must be something wrong with the rolling road I was on last year, I've got a highflow filter and full exhaust system and it was only about 130BHP over a standard BHP of 123.........................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ ............A 1.8 with the same modifacations as his shoud be putting out at least 200BHP according to the talking utter b0ll0x theory he has got

Errrrrr, hang on he says it has ESP, if it had would'nt it have a button on the console in front of the gearshift to switch it on and off?

And wheres he getting those insurance quotes from?
                            Last edited by Andy; 25 July 2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

holy god
                              johnny ,ye better whatch oot .he,s gonae take yur title
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X