PVS 2010 ..... or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVS 2010 ..... or not?

Many of you will be aware that we do not wish to attend PVS next year if it is again to be held at Santa Pod and it has the makings of another Chavfest.
    This view is shared by many other VBOA affiliated clubs hence many club representatives got together at Billing on Saturday to discuss the possibilities of arranging an alternative event.

I have therefore taken on the newly defined role of researching a new VBOA event - an 'active' version of Billing. That is to say, only VBOA affiliated club members (and their families and friends) would be able to attend (thereby ensuring the quality of attendees remains high) at a location with the potential for some action, such as track time (dedicated club sessions), 0-60 sprints, etc. A sort of hybrid event combining the best of Billing, PVS, TRAX, Castle Combe, etc. Trade stands would be invited, but only those relevant to our interests (Courtenay, etc.) - not mobile tattoo parlours, body-piercing, etc. I'd also like to have attractions for the youngsters, such as bouncy castles, slides, etc.
    I would therefore like to invite your views on this, plus ideas for a location. This really needs to be more northerly than the existing Northampton-based trio of shows (PVS, Billing & Trax).

Also, what time of year do you think it should be held?

Please post your responses here, of if you would rather, PM or e-mail me.

Many thanks,

Nick

I think thats a great idea, will put my thinking cap on
    sigpic

Comment

Brilliant idea, not sure how feasible it is but it would be awesome to hold it at a hillclimb venue, have always wanted to do that Will be brill tho wherever its held

Comment

how about holding it at goodwood?? cost might be an issue

and it's a little bit further south than pvs

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. what about donnington ?

Comment

sounds ok to me, how ever would be good if they changed locations for PVS, I know there was complaints sent in from other clubs/forums about the conditions of the pod,

location idea Snetterton Circuit maybe

activities for the kids, is a great idea, as mine do get bored at PVS after a while.

maybe get display's like this, not sure who arranged it for the London motor show it was called dockside story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKgGBR68dt8

will come back with more ideas for you

Comment

I think PVS has run its course now and can only get worse at the current venue. Focus used to be on quality cars and decent things to do outside of the drag strip. Seems now that the cars running on the strip are basically the sort of toys people build for RWYB days and TOTB, out and out racers built on low budgets, which takes away a lot from the event itself.

No one wants to watch a load of scrappy Novas and Corsas stripped out and made for quarter mile racing, after they've been trailered in. Perhaps they should have made the event like proper road classes in drag racing, where the cars need to be taxed, tested and driven to the event.

I like the idea of a hill climb or similar. Track days are good, but you still get the element of track cars that are basically MOT failures with roll cages and engine swaps, and the drivers of these cars tend not to care if they plough through a corner and take out someone elses pride and joy worth 10 time their toys.

Comment

An excellent idea which is well over due in my opionion.

Donnington is a pretty good venue and hopefully will be much better once all the work has been completed.

A racing circuit seems the logical choice of venue as it offers a variety of possibilities for events such as sprints, drag racing and track time.

I'm all in favour of the club not attending PVS again.

Comment

The Scottish clan is a bit like "Field of Dreams" if you book it, they will come!

Personally, the trips down south don't bother me, its always treated as part of the event for us, rather than a chore...we have a good laugh on the way down.

PVS was a mess this year, same as last year....they could sweep the strip but not the access roads so maybe a mass exodus by the major clubs will give them the necessary kick up the rear.

Timing: Good weather would be nice, end of May, beginning of June would be the best time, that way it won't interfere with the established local shows.

Venue: Lake district would be nice for a camping weekend, lots of amenities in that area. As for strip/track action, the numbers of those wishing to do such activities would decide on which type of venue to book in the first place.....if only a handful out of all the interested clubs wish a form of motorsport then is it worth putting up with limited camping facilities (eg PVS style) when the majority just want to go for a relaxed weekend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Venue: Lake district would be nice for a camping weekend, lots of amenities in that area. As for strip/track action, the numbers of those wishing to do such activities would decide on which type of venue to book in the first place.....if only a handful out of all the interested clubs wish a form of motorsport then is it worth putting up with limited camping facilities (eg PVS style) when the majority just want to go for a relaxed weekend.
                    Agree with not doing PVS as its just a chav fest.

Scotts idea of the Lakes sounds good as a few of the Nothern based clubs ive spoken to had the idea of holding a sort of Northen Vauxhall-Opel weekend next year anyway.

IMO Late May or June would be the best bet.
                    For Track Action how about Oulton Park as it sits right in the heart of the North West?
                    sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

i agree pvs at santa pod has had its day.didnt really want to go this year and the stories i read on other forums just backed that up.

like the idea of another venue.snetterton would be good for me.10 mins down the road

seriously we had an event there last september and it was well attended and well organised plus easy to get to as well.would still be a trek for the northern lads and lasses.

there are other places like oulton park, cadwell etc.i would up for a road trip oop north

Comment

Love the sound of this, having a track option would be good or it would be another Billing. Not that I'd mind a second "Billing" somewhere, but it's nice to have a variety of events.

Further north also sounds good, although if there was also the option of another camping weekend, then we could go south west?

All the circuits mentioned sound good, Donington would be favorite, but would this cost more once work there is completed?

Comment

VW owners held a VW festival at Harewood House not so long back........Maybe that could be used as well as in conjunction with the Harewood hillclimb.........Just a suggestion........

Comment

Sounds good to me, In the ideal world this event would fall in school holls?
                            Long weekend 2 Thurs - Sun?
                            defo need some kind of drag comp (may get carried away in the trac)

Comment

I agree with everyone, we have been goin to billing for about 4 years and the last 2 have been poor. I agree with scott that part of the weekend is the travelling so i dont mind where it is held. We dont use the track or the drag strip but we do enjoy watching everyone else using it! Hope we can sort something that we know everyone will enjoy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X