Give me some good reason to change my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me some good reason to change my car

Looking to change the Vectra in the next few months, or am i ?.
    The old girl will be four years old on the 28 July and this is the longest time that i have kept a car for years.
    Trouble is there is nothing wrong with it the old girl is purring like a kitten and never misses a beat.
    Really at the end of the day i am torn between -----

A ---- keep the devil i know and run it into the ground.
    B ----- change to a pre - registered almost new.

Simple you may say, what ya going to change it to, well if i did i would favour one of the last Vectr vxr's --- but there may be a snag.
    What about the pending fuel tax increases and road fund on gas guzzlers which will have to come in i'm afraid to help settle the country's economic misery.

At this stage it's the running costs that are making me worried -- but on the other hand it's not that i can't afford to get a Vectra vxr.

Advice much appreciated.

Is the increase in road fund for gas guzzlers only on cars after a certain year of manufacture when the bring in the law..........They can't surely tax cars more if the car is made before the law comes into force..........??

Comment

Any car registered after 1st August 2001, they stated the CO emissions on the log book and that is what the increases are being based on.

Comment

I say get the VXR Leo, your only young once

Comment

I thought Sister Kath fell in love with the Corsa VXR after getting a seat in Timmee's at PV........A lot less car to polish than a vectra mate

Comment

Leo I've not long bought an 08 Vectra VXR & it's the best car I've had.

If you are going to get one make sure you get the highest spec you can as there are a few dealers out there with similarly priced high & low spec cars, I don't know if you like silver lightning but if you do try and get one as it's the rarest colour with only 24 Vectra VXR's built

The running costs are not too bad although is obviously depends on how you drive it I get about 19mpg but it's worth it

Comment

sell it to me lol
              and get a new yin
              sigpic

Comment

The march 06 onwards VXR vecs will be subject to the £400 tax....the new tax brackets were being back dated to March 01 registered cars for the reasons that DTM Chris said, but has been delayed at the moment.

So, a 55 VXR will be slightly cheaper to tax at the current rates, but will go to £400 if and when the new laws are implemented.

Silver lightning may be rare, but if it was me then Black or Red would be the primary choices, mainly because of the polishing point of view....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  The running costs are not too bad although is obviously depends on how you drive it I get about 19mpg but it's worth it

No worse than a "B" V6 GSi for town driving then.....and even better than the quoted figs for a 3.2 V6 "C" GSI
                  sigpic

Comment

Pentagon currently have a delivery mileage '09' plate Vectra VXR in black. It has sat nav, AFL, Climate Control, Bluetooth, Parking sensors and 19" alloys...

....for £16,995 !!!

Comment

Go for it Leo, You have worked all your life so why bloody not
                      sigpic

Comment

why not wait be the first with the insignia vxr

Comment

Get the VXR Leo, if you dont you'll always be regreting not doing it.
                          If i was in your position id be looking for one now. So we might see it at billing then
                          sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

go for the vxr leo.in fact how about this one:
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2009-09-VAUXHA...3A1%7C294%3A50

with some haggling and trade in could be a good buy

Comment

Originally posted by paul_dymond View Post
                              why not wait be the first with the insignia vxr

The only problem with that is the price, probably more than twice what Leo will be able to get a pre registered Vectra VXR for.

Comment

Working...
                              X