Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One for Nick to complete his collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for Nick to complete his collection?

On eBay now, then there'd be a matching pair

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1982-VAUXHALL-...d=p3913.c0.m22
    Last edited by Steve; 19 June 2009, 07:18 AM.

I go on Nick
    sigpic

Comment

Would,nt mind that myself if i had the room lol. Rare car these days
      sigpic Cheshire & North Wales Region. Home of A&M Conversions

Comment

Hmmm - I have already been in touch with the seller. I asked for more pictures of the bodywork repairs to the doors and arches. That was when it was up for 2k and I told him that was too much money (it's now dropped to £1500)
        He did ask me what I thought it was worth, to which I replied once I'd seen more photos I would submit my 'best offer'.

That was three weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the pictures. The absence of a proper history to verify the mileage also concerns me ('serviced by the owner?' - yeah right, and why burn the old MOTs ????) I have every bit of history with mine (MOTs since 1985, etc.) so I am a bit fussy like that.

I do like the idea of having a hatch version as well - especially as there are only supposed to be 5 SR's left in the UK and mine is the only saloon.

Comment

If there's only 5 SRs left in the UK now, then they really won't come up very often, might be worth a trip down to get a proper look over it. I can't see him selling it easily if its dropped £500 in 3 weeks, might snatch your hand off if you wave a wedge of cash under the sellers nose

Comment

sounds a bit fishy

a car like this shud hae al relevent paper work to back up it history

a cracker tho
            sigpic

Comment

Bidding ended....did you buy it Nick?
              sigpic

Comment

Nope.
                I didn't want to travel that far to view it without having more pictures first. I just had a strong feeling I would be disappointed.

Anyhow, I now have all the genuine GM replacement panels I need to restore the SR to pristine, namely bonnet, bootlid, both front panels, rear panel and both front wings - even the proper anthracite stripes to go above the side rubbing strip. It's not that it needs it, it's just that where it's had a few little repair jobs in it's life it is not perfect and pattern front wings have been used.

Once the show season is over, I hope to get it all done ready for next year.

Comment

Working...
                X