This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBOA National Rally ‘19

Booking shall be open from 10am 6th December 2018 (Today) to buy tickets for the VBOA 2019 Rally at Sywell Aerodrome 6-7th July 2019.

We have setup a booking facility here (which will show as no tickets until 10am 06/12/18) VBOA 2019 Ticket Booking

The basic ticket types are as follows:
    1. £50 Weekend camping and stand pass (upto 3 nights from 5th-8th) with the usual 1 car and 4 people (tent, trailer with car or caravan) to pitch up and show with your VBOA affiliated club. Additional cars to be added with ‘Members Day Ticket’.
    2. As 1, but Early Bird discount 1 of £10, offer ending 31st January 2019 (250 Tickets)
    3. As 1 but Early Bird discount 2 of £5, offer valid between 1st Feb – 31st March 2019 (250 Tickets).
    4. £9 Advance Members Day Ticket – 1Car 4 people to display Saturday OR Sunday (two tickets needed for both display days), £10 on the gate.
    5. As 4, Members Day Ticket Early Bird discount of £1.50, offer ends 31st January 2019 Limited number of tickets
    6. £13 Advance Visitors Day pass, for Non-VBOA day visitors to the show from 0930-1700, £15 on the gate
    7. Kids entertainment passes £5 per day (Fri/Sat/Sun) or £10 for Fri-Sun

16yrs and under free entry (obviously with a paying adult).
    Camping is a flat rate, one night or 3 nights, it’s the same price.

We would be looking to close the advance booking system on the 21st June 2019
    There will also be a trader and auto jumble booking page coming very soon.

Don’t forget that Sywell has its own Hotel too, it’s not huge and likely that many rooms have been booked so get in quick if you want to stay there. We suggest direct booking http://www.aviatorhotel.co.uk/ It should be £75/per night without breakfast.

A brief outline of activities/services for the weekend:

· All weekend, Kids entertainment (rides/face painting/lots of other fun things planned)
    · Saturday interclub Old and Young competition with kids and adults competing for prizes/trophies in activities such as the Cozy Coupe grand prix, wellie tug of war etc.
    · Presently Saturday only 0-60/short drag course on the taxi way, full details TBC
    · Sunday the usual area activities and awards ceremonies.
    · Anniversary Celebrations for the year (Astra, Bedford OB and any others who come forward)
    · Motorsport celebration where we would love to have any/all VBO motorsport vehicles on display in their own area (please reach out within your clubs/friends etc).
    · Wheel change challenge
    · Auto Jumble/trade area fully integrated with the show.
    · Food and drink traders around the arena
    · Bar/bands inside a fully carpeted Hanger
    · Helicopter & Plane rides (subject to weather/owners discretion)
    · The Aviation Museum will be open all weekend

· Toilet and Shower blocks which will be illuminated at night and well serviced.
    · Electrical hook up pitches for those who required it (this will be a separate area from the club stands though).
    · If there is suitable demand, a shuttle bus service can be looked into for ferrying people between the Premier Inn at Billing and Sywell.

Let us know you are attending here

Please remember, the VBOA is your association, if there is anything you’d like to see put on or that you or your members can offer as entertainment/service etc. then it would be most welcomed, even just an extra pair of hands to sort something out on the day(s).
    FAQ

Is there a telephone booking option as not every club member is on the internet or may not be happy making purchases on the internet?
    unfortunately not, as with most things this day and age, it is all operated without the intervention of people. you can however, pay on the gate or I'm sure clubs would be in a position to accommodate the odd one or two members

What happens if they take 2 cars,1motor home and a tent?
    if it is a case of mum and dad in the camper and 2 kids in a small tent with a show car then this would be the £10 extra car charge. if its 4 mates then it would require 2 tickets. we have a trusting policy and would expect our members to comply, anyone trying it on will be refused entry or charged the extra at the gate.

If you come ont he Friday for three days camping do you have to pay 3 days for an extra car?
    no, the extra car charge is just one day

Are dogs allowed?
    yes, same rules as elsewhere, dogs are allowed but must be kept under control
    Attached Files
    Starts
    6th July 2019 09:00 AM
    Ends
    7th July 2019 05:00 PM
    Last edited by Sheriff; 6th March 2019, 09:24 AM.
    CONTACT SUPPORT

Didn't see that coming.
    sigpic

Comment

• opel_bitch
      opel_bitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Premier In Booked! :-)

Billing then?

Comment

I am surprised at this decision.

I take it there was to many complaints about Market Harbourgh?

Paul, can you explain the reason for going back to Billing?
      ​​​​​​
      ​​​​​
      Last edited by Robert Millar; 21st October 2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Made my year yesterday when that news was brought to my attention! Next year was looking quiet bad for decent shows, then all of a sudden everything’s looking so much better

Comment

May just go if it’s billing, and PVS if it’s not at Santa Pod
          Astra Bertone 1.8 Edition 100 Cabriolet #0127

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Millar View Post
            I am surprised at this decision.

I take it there was to many complaints about Market Harbourgh?

Paul, can you explain the reason for going back to Billing?
            ​​​​​​
            ​​​​​
            The overall consensuses from the VBOA committee is the venue isn't suitable and the overall numbers from all clubs looks around 30%+ would not attended while at MH. The vote fell as follows:

Votes for market Harborough 7
            Votes for stonham barns 0
            Votes for billing 16
            Abstain 1*

*I abstained due to the following reasons
            MH - I think it has legs but the relationships is strained and some of the stuff I have read and witnessed at the show makes me question if it cam be fixed. I don't want to expand on this so please don't ask
            Billing - Backward step in my view plus the 'show areas' are reduced.
            Stonham Barns - Purely on location.

The fact is that its billing next year, things will be different to how they where in 2016. There will be a pole going up shortly that will be submitted to the VBOA.
            CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

Hotel booked

Comment

think its a great idea going back to billing.
                would also be good if can have live entertainment aswell but very doughtfull

Comment

Hope it lives up to everyone's expectations.

I haven't voted in the poll as I feel as a non camper it doesn't really matter which one wins,
                  but having had a look at the two options, I'm thinking about giving it a miss next year, first time in the last 24 years.

Comment

Originally posted by vectra630 View Post
                    think its a great idea going back to billing.
                    would also be good if can have live entertainment aswell but very doughtfull
                    Live entertainment is on the to do list
                    CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

I haven't voted in the poll as I feel as a non camper it doesn't really matter which one wins,
                      but having had a look at the two options, I'm thinking about giving it a miss next year, first time in the last 24 years.
                      What is putting you off Robert Millar ?
                      CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

You canny no go!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the only time I see yous nowadays

Comment

• opel_bitch
                          opel_bitch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          When are we going to get more details as it seems other clubs are better informed?
                          eg.

Shelduck 1 and 2 for show area. No camping on display area. Cars removed at night.

Camping booked direct with Billing. Discount code available only if booking 2 nights £23 per night or £33 with electric. Discount on pods/statics. Day visitors £10 per car.

No security. General public can camp anywhere.

Option 2

VBOA book the whole site paying a lump sum £35K

Billing provide site security / outside bar / first aid / show ground preperation / promote the show.

Clubs buy area off the VBOA. So for a 40 car stand it would cost our club £1600 which would be payable asap!

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post

What is putting you off Robert Millar ?
                        Well, I thought Market Harbourgh was getting better, with the added bonus of no duck poo to avoid.

The smaller area in option 2, which I see is winning the poll, will probably mean stands being tight on space. I liked the spread out layout of Billing past.
                        Even though I haven't sold parts from the back of my car, it was always good to see people doing it.

Still might go, just to see Louise

Comment

Well, I thought Market Harbourgh was getting better, with the added bonus of no duck poo to avoid.

The smaller area in option 2, which I see is winning the poll, will probably mean stands being tight on space. I liked the spread out layout of Billing past.
                          Even though I haven't sold parts from the back of my car, it was always good to see people doing it.

Still might go, just to see Louise
                          Thanks for your feedback Robert Millar

I along with others spent weeks working on the layout for this years HM show, I believe it made a great foundation for the future there, but the vote has fallen the way it has so all I can do is suck it up and work on next years.

To put area into context, we used around 29 acres at MH, with option 2 at billing we get around 27 acres. We will be closer together than billing of past but should be similar to MH.
                          CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                          X