• Show
Clear All

• VBOA National Rally ‘19

Billing has now been replaces with Sywell Aerodrome
    Starts
    6th July 2019 09:00 AM
    Ends
    7th July 2019 05:00 PM
    Last edited by Sheriff; 6th November 2018, 10:50 PM.
    CONTACT SUPPORT

Didn't see that coming.
    sigpic

Comment

• opel_bitch
      opel_bitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Premier In Booked! :-)

Billing then?

Comment

I am surprised at this decision.

I take it there was to many complaints about Market Harbourgh?

Paul, can you explain the reason for going back to Billing?
      ​​​​​​
      ​​​​​
      Last edited by Robert Millar; 21st October 2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Made my year yesterday when that news was brought to my attention! Next year was looking quiet bad for decent shows, then all of a sudden everything’s looking so much better

Comment

May just go if it’s billing, and PVS if it’s not at Santa Pod
          Astra Bertone 1.8 Edition 100 Cabriolet #0127

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Millar View Post
            I am surprised at this decision.

I take it there was to many complaints about Market Harbourgh?

Paul, can you explain the reason for going back to Billing?
            ​​​​​​
            ​​​​​
            The overall consensuses from the VBOA committee is the venue isn't suitable and the overall numbers from all clubs looks around 30%+ would not attended while at MH. The vote fell as follows:

Votes for market Harborough 7
            Votes for stonham barns 0
            Votes for billing 16
            Abstain 1*

*I abstained due to the following reasons
            MH - I think it has legs but the relationships is strained and some of the stuff I have read and witnessed at the show makes me question if it cam be fixed. I don't want to expand on this so please don't ask
            Billing - Backward step in my view plus the 'show areas' are reduced.
            Stonham Barns - Purely on location.

The fact is that its billing next year, things will be different to how they where in 2016. There will be a pole going up shortly that will be submitted to the VBOA.
            CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

Hotel booked

Comment

think its a great idea going back to billing.
                would also be good if can have live entertainment aswell but very doughtfull

Comment

Hope it lives up to everyone's expectations.

I haven't voted in the poll as I feel as a non camper it doesn't really matter which one wins,
                  but having had a look at the two options, I'm thinking about giving it a miss next year, first time in the last 24 years.

Comment

Originally posted by vectra630 View Post
                    think its a great idea going back to billing.
                    would also be good if can have live entertainment aswell but very doughtfull
                    Live entertainment is on the to do list
                    CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

I haven't voted in the poll as I feel as a non camper it doesn't really matter which one wins,
                      but having had a look at the two options, I'm thinking about giving it a miss next year, first time in the last 24 years.
                      What is putting you off Robert Millar ?
                      CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

You canny no go!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the only time I see yous nowadays

Comment

• opel_bitch
                          opel_bitch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          When are we going to get more details as it seems other clubs are better informed?
                          eg.

Shelduck 1 and 2 for show area. No camping on display area. Cars removed at night.

Camping booked direct with Billing. Discount code available only if booking 2 nights £23 per night or £33 with electric. Discount on pods/statics. Day visitors £10 per car.

No security. General public can camp anywhere.

Option 2

VBOA book the whole site paying a lump sum £35K

Billing provide site security / outside bar / first aid / show ground preperation / promote the show.

Clubs buy area off the VBOA. So for a 40 car stand it would cost our club £1600 which would be payable asap!

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post

What is putting you off Robert Millar ?
                        Well, I thought Market Harbourgh was getting better, with the added bonus of no duck poo to avoid.

The smaller area in option 2, which I see is winning the poll, will probably mean stands being tight on space. I liked the spread out layout of Billing past.
                        Even though I haven't sold parts from the back of my car, it was always good to see people doing it.

Still might go, just to see Louise

Comment

Well, I thought Market Harbourgh was getting better, with the added bonus of no duck poo to avoid.

The smaller area in option 2, which I see is winning the poll, will probably mean stands being tight on space. I liked the spread out layout of Billing past.
                          Even though I haven't sold parts from the back of my car, it was always good to see people doing it.

Still might go, just to see Louise
                          Thanks for your feedback Robert Millar

I along with others spent weeks working on the layout for this years HM show, I believe it made a great foundation for the future there, but the vote has fallen the way it has so all I can do is suck it up and work on next years.

To put area into context, we used around 29 acres at MH, with option 2 at billing we get around 27 acres. We will be closer together than billing of past but should be similar to MH.
                          CONTACT SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                          X